TILAPIA..!!

Options
slamb1020
slamb1020 Posts: 80 Member
i need ideas.. recipies.. good seasonings.. i need to lose some weight and this is always my go to food.. but i am getting sick of it! i need some healthy options! any suggestions.. i cant be the only one with this questons/issue..! help a girl out :tongue:

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I usually just bake it with some lemon-pepper seasoning on it.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Season with salt pepper and a little garlic powder. Spread a spoonful of mayo on top and top with parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 for about 20 min.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I use McCormick's Perfect Pinch Lemon Pepper and one that's Citrus-something. I'm usually only cooking for myself so I just toss it in a skillet on low heat (no oil). Try not to flip it too often, it will break apart easily.

Good luck! :)
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
  • mscalla
    Options
    I like mine baked with a sauce my daughter and I concotted.

1-2 T Zatarin's Creole mustard
    1t honey
    splash of worchestershire sauce
    splash of lite soy sauce
    splash of lemon juice
    1 package of the chinese mustard you get from any chinese restaurant
    1 pkg of the chinese duck sauce
    dried cranberries(about 10-15)
    a few raw almonds(about 9-10)
    Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and mix together

Place 1 or 2 Talapia filets on a piece of foil sprayed with cooking spray
    Spread sauce over filets and wrap up in foil
    Place in a pre heated 400 degrees for about 10-12 minutes and then open foil and set oven to hi broil and broil for a few more minutes to borwn the sauce a bit. Make sure to watch the fish while its broiling to make sure it doesn't burn. Ovens vary so much so I watch the filets baking and broiling!! :)

Hope you like it !!
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just put a pad of butter on top and season with salt and pepper. Then I flake it up and put it in a cup of qinoa with green peppers a a teaspoon of sour cream. Mix up and it's glorious! You can also pan sear them and add red yellow and green peppers And roll it up with brown rice and cheese for fish tacos! I love me some tilapia!
  • toddx318
    toddx318 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Archer Farms - Lemon Dill Seafood Sauce

Any kind of salsa

Capers

Olive Oil + garlic + green olive slices
  • JozefTorba
    JozefTorba Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try Mrs. Dash as a seasoning... loads of flavours to choose from and its all salt free. And then just bake it :)
  • BobSassafrass
    BobSassafrass Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Easiest way to cook any fish:

Cut about 3/4 of the way into the fish shortways, do this about 4 times. Then put a lil salt, pepper, and rosemary and make sure it gets in the cuts. Grill in a non stick pan till the color changes about half way up, should leave the bottom side slightly browned. Then flip and cook top side till it just has color.

Simple, fast, tasty, low cal.

I've been trying different recipes and this is usually the best but, the addition of some curry is also fantastic.
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I season, then spread a bit of mustard or honey mustard on top to change up the taste.. or you can season
    (Ton'ys for me) and squeeze lemon on top!! Then bake :)
  • CochyChoco
    Options
    Ms dash is the best. Lots of variety and simple....
  • RoseLady08
    Options
    Dear 36er:
    Congrats to the weight loss.
    I like to do simple things like throw lime slices on and bake or put a splash of rye (the alcohol type)
    hope it helps
    deb:smooched:
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Try all sorts of sauces - hot sauce, Harry & David pepper sauce, salsa, mayo, etc. Spices are good, too, such as Jamaican jerk spice (power or sauce), pepper/cumin/garlic/oregano (my usual go-to), Italian seasoning, etc. You can't really go wrong with tilapia - just keep trying various things - you will probably find several recipes you like!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I use tony chacheras seasoning..creole stuff...fry it with some evoo til its a little crispyish and serve it on a poblano pepper spicy Yummy goodness its dinner tonight.. Roast the peppers and peel the thin skin off
  • slamb1020
    Options
    I usually just bake it with some lemon-pepper seasoning on it.

thats what i usually do to... i use ms.dash sodium and salt free seasonings.. but im getting bored..
  • slamb1020
    Options
    Season with salt pepper and a little garlic powder. Spread a spoonful of mayo on top and top with parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 for about 20 min.

I might try this.. prob not THE healiest version.. but will trick my mind into thinking that yes.. tiplaia DOES have flavor again.. lol
  • slamb1020
    Options
    I just put a pad of butter on top and season with salt and pepper. Then I flake it up and put it in a cup of qinoa with green peppers a a teaspoon of sour cream. Mix up and it's glorious! You can also pan sear them and add red yellow and green peppers And roll it up with brown rice and cheese for fish tacos! I love me some tilapia!

this sounds pretty good too! i am just starting to get on the qinoa craze.. so lets so how this goes!
  • slamb1020
    Options
    Archer Farms - Lemon Dill Seafood Sauce

Any kind of salsa

Capers

Olive Oil + garlic + green olive slices

i love me some target.. i will def pick this up next time i am there
  • slamb1020
    Options
    Sometimes I season, then spread a bit of mustard or honey mustard on top to change up the taste.. or you can season
    (Ton'ys for me) and squeeze lemon on top!! Then bake :)

i never thought about spicey mustard or honey mustard.. hm..! might have to give that a chance!
  • slamb1020
    Options
    I use tony chacheras seasoning..creole stuff...fry it with some evoo til its a little crispyish and serve it on a poblano pepper spicy Yummy goodness its dinner tonight.. Roast the peppers and peel the thin skin off

um.. i pictured this and: mind-blown i think i might be trying this tonight !