I'm about to cry!!!

Options
Okay I posting this because nobody else understands like you guys do. I just saw a picture of my self from this past New Years and I literally am swelling up with tears. I have never actually cried over my weight before but I have hit a point where I am so digusted with myself for not doing something about it for so long. I know I am only 35 pounds overweight but it really hurts when reality hits you in the face. Why do I feel so bad, I am taking action now. I mean crap I have already lost almost 5 pounds in a week from my original weight. What gives..these emotions I could so live without!!!!:cry: Well I have posted my pics so that everyday I feel like eating that really bad food I can easily sign on and take a glimps of what I no longer want to be!!!!
Sorry for the spill but I dont know who else to talk to....:cry:

Replies

• scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    Okay I posting this because nobody else understands like you guys do. I just saw a picture of my self from this past New Years and I literally am swelling up with tears. I have never actually cried over my weight before but I have hit a point where I am so digusted with myself for not doing something about it for so long. I know I am only 35 pounds overweight but it really hurts when reality hits you in the face. Why do I feel so bad, I am taking action now. I mean crap I have already lost almost 5 pounds in a week from my original weight. What gives..these emotions I could so live without!!!!:cry: Well I have posted my pics so that everyday I feel like eating that really bad food I can easily sign on and take a glimps of what I no longer want to be!!!!
    Sorry for the spill but I dont know who else to talk to....:cry:
  • amytx27
    amytx27 Posts: 6
    Options
    You are not the only one. I have cried many times. I was about 45lbs overweight. Have lost 25lbs, just need to lose the last 20. I feel just as bad about myself. Thats why I watch Biggest Loser. I always think, "If they can be 300lbs and do it, what the hell am I complaining about". Thats what motivated me to start going to the gym. My cousin is also a huge motivation. She has been Obese since we were toddlers. Her dad (my uncle) weighed over 400lbs and had gastric bypass. He had a heartattack at age 56 and she didn't want to go through the same fate. So, at age 35, she started a diet plan (I cant remember which one) and in less than a year, she has lost 80lbs. She is down from a size 26 to a size 12 or 14. Its truely motivating. Keep thinking positively and every time you lose another 5 lbs, be happy!
    The best thing that happened to me was my neighbor. We joined forces and we go to the gym together religiously. Get a friend to workout with you or have your husband go. If you have a support system at the gym, it will make it alot easier to get up and go every day. After you get in the groove of going, it will just be a daily habit.
    Good luck..
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    ik exactly how you feel it!!! but dont get upset about it just use it as motivation. Just look at the picture and say that you dont want to be that person anymore. and YOU are the only one that can do that for yourself. so make it happen make yourself into a person that you will love to look at a picture of yourself.
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. I was the skinny kid, looked like I was straight out of high school, and it seems like over night I gained all this weight. When I see those pics it makes me cry too. I totally want to be that 'skinny kid' again. The weight gain is so noticeable, especially in my stomach area, I even have people asking me if I am pregnant. I guess that is a nice way to say, gee you are gaining weight. I have a hand ful of pics now, that I will not dare post because it is a sad reminder. Also I don't want anyone to recognize me. :glasses:

I want a nice pic of me to where it really resembles me just last year, not this extra 30 + pounds (almost 40 at times) weight that I am now.

I almost think I should not eat, but then I read about the starvation mode, I can't have that because I don't want to gain more weight.

Honestly I don't really know what to do anymore. I'm doing all the diet and exercise.. what else?
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    Thanks guys, it feels good to know that yall get that way sometimes too. Ynot, girl I know how you feel!!!!! I have never had to diet my whole life, granted I played sports more than I studied..lol. I dont want to be what I was in high school but I would just love to be in that healthy block on the bmi calculater. My child was obviously my greatest acomplishment to this point, but god as my witness losing this weight is going to be my next!!!!!
    For you ladies on that hump...KEEP GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • vonda08
    vonda08 Posts: 7
    Options
    Just know that you're not alone sweetie. I definitely can relate and like others have said in their replies, let these times serve as motivation to see you to the end goal - a healthier you.

I've learned that whenever you attempt to make a change for the better, there's always going to be obstacles that will try to defeat you in the process (discouragement, etc.) but you must continue to fight on. In the end, you already know that it's going to be worth it. Most importantly, love yourself right where you are RIGHT NOW and keep loving yourself throughout this entire process. So many people feel like they can't be happy unless they have certain things in life (being a certain size, obtaining a certain status, etc.), but that's a lie. Be happy NOW and work on making your world a better one - one step at a time.

Whenever you start feeling upset / discouraged, do something positive to help you get through those times - just like you did today. Best wishes to you in reaching your goals.

E-Hug From Me to You ~
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Gosh I know how you all feel I went from 180 to 258 in less than 3 years. So now I don't even feel good after I have lost 25 lbs but I know if I keep working at this it will come back down to a respectable 140 (my goal). I just have to give it time. The only time that I am real stressed about the time is when I know I have important functions upcoming that I need to attend. Aggghhh like easter family dinner, trip to florida to meet fiances family, the beaches. My sisters wedding!! and so on. I wish it could all come off fast but I will need to do this the right way if I want it to stay off......so I keep on trucking
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Don't cry - use it as motivation!
    I found myself in your place last September - I had just turned 50 and was 30 - 35 pounds overweight. Now 6 months later I have lost 31 and am trying for the last 4. I cant even describe how much better I feel today. Not to mention clothes shopping :tongue: . I still cant believe that I am now wearing a size 6. I keep pulling 8's from the rack because my brain wont allow me to realize how much smaller I am now! I am in the process of replacing everything - nothing fits anymore even my underwear :blushing:
    It's expensive - but man is it worth it.

Come on - you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ashley2011
    Options
    I cry over my weight sometimes to. I am 55 pounds over weight. Thats why I decided to try this. Iam too young to be this much over weight.

We can all get through this together:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I gained all of my weight in less than a year...TWICE. :tongue: I weight 115 in 9th grade...by the end of 10th I was up in the 130's. I stayed there for a while, then cleaned up my eating and lost a good bit my Junior year. Then I met my ex, and by the end of senior year I weighed 154...and I'm 5 feet tall. :noway: I didn't realize how huge I was until I saw pics from an anniversary party I was at...I had rolls, and in every picture I was eating cake! And I felt the same way...like every girl was SO much skinnier than me (and they were). It's taken a while, but I am finally happy with my body. It just takes consistency, hard work, and a lot of self discipline. Stick with it!!
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I know just how you feel. I hate to go places because I hate the way I look in my clothes. I refuse to buy a bigger size. I was always the girl who was naturally skinny in highschool and after. I could eat whatever I wanted and it didnt matter. I dont even think I ever got on the scale.

When pregnant with my first son I had gestational diabetes and gained 56 pounds! It came off within the first year and life was great. My 2nd pregnancy was not so lucky. My youngest will be 5 in september and I still weigh in the same as I did after having him. No weight loss, at least nothing that will stay off for very long. I need to loose about 55 pounds. I am determined to feel better and look better. I am tired of hiding under sweatshirts and jackets all the time. I want to feel good about myself by summer so I can wear all the cute clothes I already have in 3 sizes smaller than I am now.

My bestest friend in the whole world is getting married in May 2009. I am her maid of honor and refuse to be the fat girl standing next to the beautiful bride! I am determined to loose the weight. I know there are still days ahead that I will cry over getting dressed to go places but I think joining this site put a light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

Good luck to everyone! We can do it!!!!:happy:
  • shellkas
    shellkas Posts: 45
    Options
    ik exactly how you feel it!!! but dont get upset about it just use it as motivation. Just look at the picture and say that you dont want to be that person anymore. and YOU are the only one that can do that for yourself. so make it happen make yourself into a person that you will love to look at a picture of yourself.

:wink:
    I agree. This is the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I look at this pic and use it for motivation. I made a promise to myself and pics are great reminders of both what you don't want and what you DO want!!! Just keep on keeping on!!!