Greetings from Israel... :)

Options
Hey everyone, wasn't really sure if i should introduced myself at first but decided, what the heck - why not.
My name is Shai (pronounced - Shy), and I'm 22 from Israel. :glasses:

I'm a hi-tech employee and a musicians.

2 and a half years ago i've weighed about 195kg (~430lbs).
I've lost some weight and then went back to my bad old habits again. So i'm trying again with the great support of a dietitian and an amazing gym instructor that helps me in my way .

My current weight is 160kg(~350lbs), and i still have a long way to go. (i believe i should weight about 95-110kg, if built right since i'm pretty tall - 191cm)

So thats it for me, still trying to adjust to logging in my foods on this site so me and my dietitian can keep track of it and really hope this run on the track will be the one that will get me to my goal.

Have a great day everyone and a pleasure to be here.

Shai :bigsmile:

Replies

• smelliott
    Options
    Hi Shai, Greetings from England. I am sure you will find this site a great help. Good luck!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Shai--

Welcome to MFP. I am about as far away from you as I can be. Washington State, in USA. You live in a country I would like to visit someday, but since I detest flying, it will probably not happen. Beyond the obvious historical and religious significance of Israel, I have another reason to be interested in the area---The Dead Sea.

That does sound strange, but my interest in the Dead Sea is because I recently discovered a FANTASTIC line of skin products made by a company from Israel that have Dead Sea minerals in them, and they are WONDERFUL!! The best thing I have found to make me feel better about me since I stumbled on to this website last April.

I wish you well in your quest to fitness. You will find this is a wonderful site for information and support. BTW, since you are a guy, I want to be sure you know there is a thread specifically for men in this female-dominated part of cyberspace. Here is a link to it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73025-man-to-man-a-support-system-for-men?page=11#posts-1119562

Since you are new, I want to also let you know that finding a post you have posted in is easy. When you look at the links at the top of the page you are now reading, you will see "my topics." Once you have posted in any thread, it will appear in your my topics. The last 25 topics you posted in will show there. After you have been here a while, you will have more than 25 topics posted, and they will drop off the list when they are inactive and reappear when someone resurrects it by posting again. Hope I didn't confuse you with the explanation.

You will find this is a quiet place at this time because most people are in North America and it is 1:30 am on the US West coast and 4:30 am on the East coast. There are people here from Australia, Great Britain, Sweden, France, and others. The website servers and founder "Mike" is located in the San Franciso, California area.

Good luck with your journey.:flowerforyou:
  • LordCow
    Options
    Hey! thank you for your kind comments.

The Dead Sea is quiet of a tourist site here in Israel and i did hear there are companies specializing in creating products from the dead-sea minerals which are considered great :) I'm happy to hear you wish to come here, and hope whenever you conquer your flight-fear, you will :P

Thanks for all the explanations and a great day to you all

Shai