Over exercising?

Options
I've been doing Jillian Michael's 4 DVDs a day, two in the morning and two in the late afternoon. Am I overworking myself? I don't feel sore but I do get those feelings with your muscles(like when you just woke up and stretch) all day long. I don't have rest days but I limit myself to two DVDs on the weekends.

Replies

• jacquiewy
    Options
    What are your fitness goals? What do the DVD's consist of? If I can get an idea of what you are doing I can let you know if you are over training.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    it is very important to have at least one rest day.
  • holidayworkout
    Options
    What are your fitness goals? What do the DVD's consist of? If I can get an idea of what you are doing I can let you know if you are over training.

Well I want to lose fats around my hips and thighs(as I'm pear shaped) and maybe a few inches off my lower waist. Her DVDs are all HIIT. It consists of cardio(high knees, butt kicks, plank jacks,mountain climbers, jump roped), strength(lunge squat combos,chair squats etc) and ab exercises(side planks, side crunches, jack knives, reverse crunches). Sorry there's just too many moves in her DVDs I wont be able to name them all
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    One mandatory rest day a week if you are working out that much. Remember, you can overwork your motivation too, so force a rest day even if you dont want to.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    In quick and general terms: The biggest obstacle we face in exercising is the capacity of our kidneys. Strenuous exercise breaks down the body molecularity and this 'debris' has to be filtered.

If the kidneys become overloaded the toxicity level in the body rises. Many gym rats are constantly coming down with colds and sniffles, aches and pains, and experience poor performance.

Pure clean water is the easiest for the kidney's to process; so drink lots of it and give the kidneys time to catch up. (you will see a boost in your performance afterwards)