Holiday Eating Habits..

2»

Replies

• noriri
    noriri Posts: 74 Member
    I adopted a healthier lifestyle near the end of August, with the first big goal of 30 lbs off by Christmas. I have successfully met that goal. When Thanksgiving came, I just kept the mindset, that a little splurge is not going to derail my ultimate goal. I exercised that morning, I logged everything and still saw a loss that week. That is my approach with Christmas also. Really I work very hard at not giving in to cravings, and making myself get out there and walk everyday despite the cold temps...to let some goodies completely negate it all. Plus I truly believe that God is giving me the power beyond what is mine to finally do this with success. Have a wonderful Christmas all, and remember you deserve good health.

Love the "you deserve good health" Thanks noriri! You are welcome!:smile:
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    So for the last week or so, I have been eating pretty poorly and have only exercised once. Holiday baking and other goodies are showing up, and Im having zero willpower. Patients at my work are bringing in chocolates daily, employees at my boyfriends work sent home baking to us....too much temptation. I have decided that I am just going to try to maintain till the New Year. My boyfriends birthday is New Years Day so there will be food then too!! I am going to play as much tennis as I can, and hopefully get some gym time in too. I believe its the rest of the year that we need to be aware of our habits, so I plan to enjoy and indulge and work extra hard afterwards to work off the few pounds I may gain.

What are your food/fitness plans for the holidays?

I'm right there with you... this is the season where I want to eat a lot and quit exercising. Unfortunately, that's resulted in me putting on 8-9 pounds that I had lost earlier this year (and kept off). I'm having to be a lot more deliberate about readjusting my eating habits: saying no to the extra sweets, getting out and walking during the work day, planning my meals, and drinking water instead of eating snacks that I don't need. So find a plan that works for you and stick with it!
  • Moderation. I have a few foods that I am going to indulge in but I will do so with a mind on how much of them I eat. I will go over my calories probably but I will keep the damage to a minimum. If I don't keep an eye on how much of the "decadence" I eat, things could get ugly. By the way, I love eggnog but have decided that it's not worth it. Sadly, that stuff is Liquid Death. Ha!