Help on tracking oil-less cooking?

So.. I make fried eggplant in an oil-less fryer.. This means I got all the crunch and deliciousness of fried eggplant without using any oil... do you think I count this as breaded baked eggplant??
I have the same question about Chicken, fries and everything else I put in there.

The eggplant happens to be going into eggplant parm (except for the few i ate outright YUM!).. i'm at a loss how to track it??
Maybe build the recipe on here??

Replies

• rapat
    rapat Posts: 108 Member
    what is an oil less fryer?

For stuff I make myself, I just create my own recipes. Add the ingrediants, and arbitrarily decide what a serving size is
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Just track everything as the raw product, weigh/ measure when raw not cooked.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    what is an oil less fryer?

For stuff I make myself, I just create my own recipes. Add the ingredients, and arbitrarily decide what a serving size is

It cooks using infrared, halogen and convection heat waves.. no need for oil. tastes really good.. just minus the oil so it's different. I've made fried chicken in there and it's way better cause I don't like the taste of oil and my body really doesn't like it. Kinda looks like a UFO in my kitchen when it' cooking though. lol.

That's what I ended up doing.. i just didn't know if there was another way..
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Wat in the world.. Lol I want one... So it doesn't add oil cals? That's pretty awesome lol. I didn't even know there was such a device lol. But as for me I realized a long time ago during my diet that chicken / meat in general already has its own oil! Wy the hell I ever added any ever is a mystery. Any way I bake everything then sear it fr a crisp lol
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Yea.. you just put the chicken breaded or dipped or whatever you want to do to it.. in it and it comes out like fried chicken crispy and moist and awesome and it doesn't taste like oil and it doesn't make me sick.. i can't eat oil saturated foods. . You actually get to taste the food you are eating. it's fabulous.

Anyway.. i just tracked it kinda like suggested above.. i guess just chicken instead of anything else and then whatever i put on it..
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Just log your ingredients. My daughter loves her oil-less fryer, maybe I should ask Santa for one. :)
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Just log your ingredients. My daughter loves her oil-less fryer, maybe I should ask Santa for one. :)

Seriously be sure to mention my name when you write him ;) lol.. Where do you even get one OP?
  • kerryoneill22
    kerryoneill22 Posts: 70 Member
    Have you tried a Tefal Actifry, I changed to this from a deep fat fryer and I find that they are brilliant, for making other recipes which have aminimal amount of fat/oil in them.
  • kerryoneill22
    kerryoneill22 Posts: 70 Member
    The sweet and sour chicken is lovely and that is in the recipe book that comes with the actifry.
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    yeah id just log it raw
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Big boss kitchen products..

I think the brank is emerson..

its thier oil-less fryer..
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Post the recipe for oil-less sweet and sour chicken!!!
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    did quick search on Amazon.com...found two models for under $100.00. Be sure to mention to Santa where to look for it when you write it on your list.
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    I found them at Walmart online: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=16939717&findingMethod=rr

Not sure yet if I want to spring for one, I use my toaster oven pretty much for most things!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Just got one from Amazon for $70. Used it last night. They're brill.
    Completely frozen turkey leg to crispy cooked in 45 mins. at 350F.

I always log raw meat. It can only lose cals when cooked and I'd rather over estimate. Cooking mostly releases water if it's fairly lean meat.