NSV!

Options
I have always been the one to go to the YMCA, look into the fitness area, see all the fit people....and go walk on the track in the gym part, or the outside walking track. I was so shy I hated going on the treadmill next to these fit people when I felt like I was double their size. I hit my 90 day mark, looked at my results and said to myself "I have nothing to be ashamed of..." So i went into the fitness center, got on a treadmill and started going. I wasnt sure which speed or elevation, so I copied the lady next to me going about 3.5mph with an elevation of 3. I went for a few minutes and was ok...then i started getting bored. So...I upped the elevation. THen after a few minutes did ti again until I felt challenged. I have been working out really hard at home but I didnt realize how much it paid off until I realized I was at 3.6mph at an elevation of 7 and was doing it JUST FINE! I was excited, and thrilled! When I finished and was cleaning off the treadmill, the (cute) guy on the treadmill next to me pulled off his ear buds and gave me a high five as he told me "nice burn!" For me it was a huge personal victory and NSV even though some of you reading this are thinking...thats all? Im so happy right now nothing can take me down :heart:

Replies

• nivisparrow
    nivisparrow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome! :)
  • suzq0970
    Options
    Love it! Every challenge overcome is a victory...none of them are small! Continue to celebrate ALL of your wins, you deserve them!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Good for you, for stepping outside your comfort zone. If you felt challenged, you did something good for your body. If you felt nervous and conquered that, you did something good for your mind. And a little validation from a cute guy never hurts anything, either!
  • aritchey1977
    aritchey1977 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! And special attention froma cute guy is just an added bonus!
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV! Nothing like a real compliment to make you soar!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    That would rock my day, too!! Way to climb that mountain!!
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Great story, super NSV!!
  • silverburk
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV and the compliment! :)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Love it! What a great story!
  • mtlkate
    mtlkate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's totally an NSV! Happy for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!