I have 70 lbs to go. looking for friends.

Options
Hey I'm Anna. Recently married. I am almost back to my heaviest weight at 245. I had got down to 198 a few years ago. I am a college student - took my last final today - I'm out til Jan 9th so I have more time to workout. I am going to try to workout at least 3x a week 60+ mins "in class" such as zumba. And on the off days try to stay motivated with wii. I have to learn to eat better and stay focused.
Feel free to add me. I am looking for accountability friends.

Replies

• Zedusa
    Zedusa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You already have 8 lbs. down.....Good for you!! I have around 70 lbs to lose as well. I joined MFP in November. I started doing zumba but it is a little hard for me to keep up. I have switched over to walking to strengthen my muscles a bit. I'm waiting to hit 30 days to weigh myself but I so afraid I won't see any difference. I would like accountability buddies as well. I do think it is much easier when you have others around with the same goals.
  • xsaribarix
    xsaribarix Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 8 lbs. lost! I'm Sara and I have 66 lbs. to lose. I joined MFP a while ago, but have just been lazy. If you're looking for support feel free to add me x
  • AnnaNoel_21
    AnnaNoel_21 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes I believe it is easier with support. I got lazy when I got out of high school and continued to eat the same, but let my activity level drop. Therefore, I gained 50 lbs. I have never been skinny. Probably won't be close. My goal is to get to 160 or so.
    I have joined a local zumba class. Most of the people there are my size, so I am comfortable going and don't feel like a fool going.
    So far I've been 4x, and I plan on going tomorrow and Thur.
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I also have a lot of weight to loose and would love to have more pals that are in a similar situation! Feel free to add me. I have an open diary!
  • kvanasten
    Options
    I am newish to MFP and have about the same amount to lose. I would love some people to chat with and each other accountable! I get really motivated and excited, but then when I don't see results right away I get really bummed. Add me if you want to be support buddies!!
  • AnnaNoel_21
    Options
    I am newish to MFP and have about the same amount to lose. I would love some people to chat with and each other accountable! I get really motivated and excited, but then when I don't see results right away I get really bummed. Add me if you want to be support buddies!!

This is so me! I know it takes time to lose, but I want to see it now! It helps when there are other friends with the same goals. I don't seem to give up as easy.
  • Zedusa
    Zedusa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ladies, you sound exactly like me. I tend to jump on the scale every single day to see a change in my weight only to get discouraged. That is why now I decided to wait my first 30 days. Next Thurs will be my weigh in.
  • klschrank
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new and want to lose about 80.
    Would love some weight loss buddies. :smile:

I'm married with two grown sons (1 married)
    I became an RN a couple years ago and work as a school nurse.
  • AnnaNoel_21
    Options
    I've set me a plan (weekly) short term and long term goals of where I want to see my weight and by when. I'm ready to get serious about being over weight and actually do something about it!
  • BlameBeauty
    BlameBeauty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same goal here! Get it girl!
  • Ladysquire
    Ladysquire Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have around the same amount to lose and would love some new friends who have the same kind of goal! Fell free to add me :)
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I've been on here, officially since October. I still have about 60 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me, all of you :)
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If you would like some ideas from my food diary anyone is able to add me. I log everyday and I have been pretty successful 109 since the first of July. Willing to answer the questions I can...
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    Hello All you lovely ppl, feell free to add me as well right there with you on the needing support and new friends with like minded goals.................
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. i started MFP in Oct. and am almost down 30lbs! i started at 240, so right around where you are. I have set up mini goals for myself, want to get to 200, then 180, then see from there. i haven't been under 200 since my wedding 6 years ago, and 180 since undergrad.
  • thanich2006
    thanich2006 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to Add me.
  • bubbleum
    bubbleum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    good luck when you weight yourself , must say that would be hard to wait 30 days but maybe it would be more encouraging to a see bigger weight loss, cant weight to see your loss.
  • HelpMeBeSkinnyASAP
    Options
    Congrats on the current weight losss ! I'm Lexie ! I also have the current goal is to lose about 60 lbs . I weigh 210 at the moment . Feel free to add me , we can keep each other motivated ! :)
  • 70x50
    70x50 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also want to lose 70 pounds by may 4, 2014. I am looking for someone to encourage and to encourage me!
  • 70x50
    70x50 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too! Got to lose 70 pounds!