2»

Replies

• amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I eat between 800-1130 calories after 8pm
  • missagrl
    Options
    I am terrible for late-night snackiness, and generally I want something crunchy. To keep from reaching for the potato chips, my go-tos are:

Spicy roasted chickpeas (grocery store bulk section or Asian Foods section if you don't want to make them yourself), unshelled mixed nuts (having to shell them myself helps me slow down the snack attacks), frozen fruit like berries or grapes, whole wheat tortilla chips with a really spicy salsa (the spice helps me slow down when eating/not eat as many) or any kind of veggies with a low-fat dip made from Clubhouse Garlic Plus, white vinegar and plain fat-free yogurt (tastes like ranch dressing, but lacks the caloric sucker-punch).
  • patrox247
    Options
    Frozen grapes and frozen banana are awesome ice cream substitutes
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    my dinner is 6 eggs and potato with cheese and protien shake :) and im serious no kidding
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I like angie's kettle corn - 140 calories in 2 cups, or nature's path granola bars - 140 calories in 1 bar. I save calories for snacking so that I can eat some munchies :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    no need to overthink it. whatever fits your calories and macros will do.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I do what some others do. I eat 500-600 between when I get up and when I get home from work, so I have 900-1000 calories to eat in the evening. I usually eat nearly every hour a 100-200 calorie "snack" (includes things like chicken, apples, yogurt and such) in the evenings.
  • wavedancer123
    wavedancer123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If I haven't had any milk during the day, then will have 30g half fat cheddar after my dinner which I nibble at! But tend not to eat late night snacks, something I have got out of the habit of doing.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    If you haven't hit your three a day of reduced fat dairy, or nine a day of fruits and veggies or healthy fats work on that with your snacks. I am currently eating berries with low fat soft cheese blended with cocoa powder and natural sweetener. Tasty and full of vitamins, minerals and fibre. Sometimes I have nuts or seeds and fruit, sometimes houmous and veggies.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Eat anything you want within your calorie goals. Just plan for it. I too enjoy eating at night so I plan for it. I eat about 2000 of my 3000 cals between 6:30 pm & 9:30 pm. 1300 of them after 8:30, then right to bed.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Eat anything you want within your calorie goals. Just plan for it. I too enjoy eating at night so I plan for it. I eat about 2000 of my 3000 cals between 6:30 pm & 9:30 pm. 1300 of them after 8:30, then right to bed.

I would eat like you if I could actually eat that much and not become the size of a baby elephant :flowerforyou:
  • nondomesticgoddess
    Options
    I was addicted to ice cream. When I'm missing that at night I like to substitute frozen mixed berries w/a few TBSPs of yogurt or cool whip.

If I'm craving carbs my go-to is decaf coffee and a few chocolate biscotti (Nonni's Decadence flavor is divine).

Not sure how healthy those options really are, but I can stay within my calories and feel like I've given myself a treat.