Too Much Normalcy? . . .

Options
So we all know that after awhile of doing the same ol' routine in your work out can bore your body, therefore, it's not working as hard as it once was. Do you think the same pertains to food as well? Am I too boring with my choices and need to mix it up a bit?

For instance, my usual breakfast is a fruit or vanilla yogurt with Kashi cereal. Lunch consists of a soup & salad or sometimes a Healthy Choice or Smart Ones meal depending on the time I have in the AM to make lunch. Snacks are always some sort of apple/celery and PB combination or nuts. Dinner probably has the most variety for me, but usually consists of a salad, green veggie and some sort of lean meat - mostly chicken.

I'm a picky eater and I like what I like. But do I need to shake things up? Can my "routine" in my food also be causing a boredom with my body?

Replies

• spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    It looks like your routine in food is causing you to have consistently healthy eating patterns.

I've never heard anything negative about having consistent healthy eating patterns., assuming you aren't getting bored with it

The body boredom thing with exercise, is that the body adapts to the work and therefore requires less energy to complete it, by strengthening the muscles etc.

I suppose your body will have adapted to your diet, which is why changing fibre amounts effects you, but that doesn't mean the adaptations would be negative.