Intimidated by the men in the weight section of gym!

Options
1235»

Replies

• greenmeena
    greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    LOL! Tonight my PT was walking me through and I commented on how it seemed like social hour (a bunch of big dudes were leaning on a machine chatting) and that I'd always been intimidated by the weights area. He said, "See that mirror? Those dudes are more interested in looking at themselves."

HA!!
  • Embooya
    Embooya Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Allowing a woman to get at the weight rack is as courteous as opening a door for her, there is a subliminal written code for it somewhere in every mans brain. If a man is that ignorant to intimidate you as you are trying to workout then he shouldnt consider himself a man at all.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's actually that they don't think you belong there. Maybe it's just different for them to see a woman in the weight area to begin with. I think it's more likely they think it's hot. Just ignore them, you're there for you not anyone else.
  • Embooya
    Embooya Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's actually that they don't think you belong there. Maybe it's just different for them to see a woman in the weight area to begin with. I think it's more likely they think it's hot. Just ignore them, you're there for you not anyone else.

Agreed...maybe they are intimidated by YOU..!!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Allowing a woman to get at the weight rack is as courteous as opening a door for her, there is a subliminal written code for it somewhere in every mans brain. If a man is that ignorant to intimidate you as you are trying to workout then he shouldnt consider himself a man at all.
    I couldn't agree more. We are some of the courteous guys, when it comes to giving women their space and the like.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. We are some of the courteous guys, when it comes to giving women their space and the like.

yes!! To be honest i might look like a mean guy with a hoodie in inside the gym pounding out reps but when you talk to me you'd see im a big softy!
  • beautmel
    Options

Agreed...maybe they are intimidated by YOU..!!

Well, I am 5'9! Maybe they ARE scared. :laugh:
  • committed120
    Options
    This has been so helpful. I've recently lost quite a bit of weight and have more to go, but I want to start going to the gym to tone up as I lose the rest. Thanks for all the encouraging posts about what men are really thinking.