Newbie lost over 1 lb already!

Options
I only joined 2 days ago but tracking my meals is leading to loss already. I know 1 lb isn't much and from experience I also know that the first few pounds drop off quickly when you cut back on intake. However I am pleased and motivated!

Replies

• suemorgan1969
    suemorgan1969 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    well done. Im same age as you, not sure where u are from but im in the UK. keep up the good work x
  • azalea617
    azalea617 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Any loss counts as a loss! :) good job and keep it up! the number will change even more!
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    First up, I'll say it's great that you seem to be getting results already.

On the flipside, however, I'd say not to put too much stock in changes over just a couple of days, as your weight can vary by a few lbs even over the course of a single day due to water/food intake/retention etc. This might be seen as me putting a downer on things for you, and I'm really not, but in general I wouldn't advise weighing more often than once a week. That said, I know how tempting it is, especially when you first start out. I was weighing myself every day at one point ;) Also, I found that you can often tell in yourself if it's working. The only recent time I was wrong was this weekend, when I expected a gain, but lost a little.

Anyway, keep up the good work, as long as you stick to it you'll get to where you want to be.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Be proud! Keep it up!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options

On the flipside, however, I'd say not to put too much stock in changes over just a couple of days, as your weight can vary by a few lbs even over the course of a single day due to water/food intake/retention etc. This might be seen as me putting a downer on things for you, and I'm really not, but in general I wouldn't advise weighing more often than once a week. That said, I know how tempting it is, especially when you first start out. I was weighing myself every day at one point ;) Also, I found that you can often tell in yourself if it's working. The only recent time I was wrong was this weekend, when I expected a gain, but lost a little.

Anyway, keep up the good work, as long as you stick to it you'll get to where you want to be.

Blah, blah, blah.
    Crap, there's always these people. Just congratulate her and move on, bub. She has common sense... she knows the deal.
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Blah, blah, blah.
    Crap, there's always these people. Just congratulate her and move on, bub. She has common sense... she knows the deal.
    Clearly you didn't read the first or last sentences of my post.
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Every pound is a difference. It takes one day to change your life!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

Blah, blah, blah.

<3 YOU AMY
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. I have always weighed myself DAILY when I am tracking my food and trying to lose. I can't hep it! I usually find the results to be encouraging whenever they show up! Also if I get a little off track my scales tattle!