Eating out for lunch today!

Options
2»

Replies

• soonergirl03
    soonergirl03 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Chcik fila you can get grilled chicken nuggets I think its 115 calories for 6 nuggets a fruit cup that has 50 calories and water thats what I ate yesterday filled me up till my afternoon snack.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    When I eat out for lunch I usually go to the Whole Foods near my work and make myself a salad at their salad bar. YUM!

Today, unforutnately, I have to go to a slider bar and navigate that very tempting (but calorie laden) menu to try to and find something that will work. I'm meeting a pregnant friend for lunch and what she says, goes! I remember being pregnant and how only certain things sounded good... At least I love the slider bar... so at least any sinful calories will be enjoyed.
  • azjenny72
    azjenny72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What options are close to work?
    Chickfila, subway, wendy's, taco bell, mcdonalds... not good choices... lol. That is usually why I "pack"

As other's have said I would do one of Subway's salad... the double chicken salad with whatever veggies you want and then dressing on the side so you can control how much... I think when I had this the other day with minimal dressing it ran me about 400 cal and was very filling
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A Chargrilled Chicken Salad without the sunflower seeds or croutons, and half the dressing. And a diet lemonade. Calories aren't bad, tastes great, and is pretty filling. :smile:
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I like Wendy's Ultimate Grilled Chicken Sandwich plain w/ a side of chili. I dip the sandwich in the chili. Comes out around 560 cals. May be a little higher than you are looking, though. Just an idea.
  • Jae_de_la_Che
    Jae_de_la_Che Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Be a kid at heart...if you are going out for lunch, order a kid's size meal when you go to a fast food place to automatically control portions (and save money!)
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Be a kid at heart...if you are going out for lunch, order a kid's size meal when you go to a fast food place to automatically control portions (and save money!)

i have certainly done that. Good idea!
  • ThePinupChef
    ThePinupChef Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with this today too!! I usually pack a huge pack for the week and leave it at work. Apparently I filled it with water instead of food...so I have on tiny thing of Easy Mac. lol

I'm probably going to head over to Subway today. A 6-inch sub and a bowl of soup and I am usually set. If I have a sweet tooth I'll grab some apple slices (only 35 calories for the bag).
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    SUBWAY