This may be a silly question, but...

Options
Totals 1,101 120 44 63 1,463 18
Your Daily Goal 1,450 199 48 54 2,500 14
Remaining 349 79 4 -9 1,037 -4
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber
*You've earned 250 extra calories from exercise today

This is what my food/exercise journal is telling me. Does this mean I need to eat 99 more calories today to stay at the recommended 1200 calories or do I actually need to eat 349 more? I'm feeling a little slow/confused right now. I thought I had this down. I know the idea is to eat the exercise calories to the minimum of 1200 per day? Right? Help me lol.

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I've heard that it is GREAT to eat your exercise calories!! Keeps your body fueled....
    BUT if you just CAN'T, I have been told to at least get your calories up to 1200 for the day.... That is just what I have been told ...
    Good luck!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    Its telling you to eat 349, since you worked out and burned 250 calories! Its sort of confusing I know. MFP already created a 500 calorie deficit for you (thats the 1200, to lose X amount of pounds per week) so if you exercise you need to get those back. If you don't, you are taking that healthy 500 calorie deficit and making it 750, which then your body will start to hold onto food etc. I reccomend going into the threads for newbies and look for something from Banks, he explains it best!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat 1200 calories every day.

MFP already factors in a deficit for you to loose weight (based on your weight and goals) so when you work out you need to add those calories to what you eat. You should eat your exercise calories.

If you are confused search Exercise Calories in the search section of the forums.
  • tikimatt
    Options
    You have 349 cals remaining for the day.

For me, I'm eating less than my remaining cals but never less than 1200/day.
  • Tschaefer09
    Options
    Try this link it helped me. I did have to read it like 4 times to understand it though ;)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
  • JaneanAriel
    JaneanAriel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm good now. I think I was just reading into it too much and just confused myself. Nevermind. I'll eat the calories and green and leave 50 calories just in case...