At home leg workout

Options
I workout at home and my issue is my legs, they have no shape and thats where all the fat goes. I have 3lb, 7lb and 10lb dumbbells as well at a 25lb kettlebell and treadmilll. Does anyone know of a good routine I can do 2-3 days a week to burn fat and shape my legs. Im 27 and I think its about time I finally look good in shorts LOL. Im starting 30min intervals 4 days a week on the treadmill, (1min @ 7mph and 2 min @ 3mph). Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to do a workout video or are you looking to do your own workout?
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges. If you want to get really serious about leg work outs at home get yourself a barbell and some plates. Invest in some heavier dumbbells and look up free weight exercises for legs.
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Walking lunges. Try doing about 4-5 sets with at least 12 steps back n forth. comfortable weight in each hand
    Squats with your kettlebell or dbs 4-5 sets of 10-12 reps. increase weight gradually as you build strenght
    Calve raises using the stairs, if you have any. if not, then do them by standing up and down on your tippy toes holding for at least 2 secs. depending on how you feel do 3 sets of 25

Jump squats are also great for building legs and cardio

hit me for other ideas
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I do forward lunges, reverse lunges, walking lunges, and squats with a few variations. I do most with heavy dumbbells held up against my chest to engage the abs. Sometimes I also do a shoulder press with the weights as I come up. A new squat variation I just started is to stand on one leg as you come up and really clench the glutes on the side that is standing. Two days later I am still sore from that one!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Find something heavy. Carry it up and down the stairs.
    Find something heavy. Bend over and pick it up. Several times.
    Find something heavy. Pick it up. Now squat down with it, then stand back up. Repeat.
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Find something heavy. Carry it up and down the stairs.
    Find something heavy. Bend over and pick it up. Several times.
    Find something heavy. Pick it up. Now squat down with it, then stand back up. Repeat.

lol gotcha, would a 40lb toddler be heavy enough? He always wants me to hold him when Im trying to lunge or squat.
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to do a workout video or are you looking to do your own workout?

my own workout