Feeling down about my weight loss

Let me start off with, I know I shouldn't feel depressed about my weight loss. I know I am doing amazing. But, at the same part I am depressed over my results for the last two months and I also know it is my fault. I have fallen off the wagon a bit the last two weeks. My birthday and the holiday season hit me. I didn't gain, but I didn't lose. But, I also know the cheese cake and christmas cookies has not helped with it. I also skipped recording my food on the days I knew I did bad. I know, horrible. I have been on my weight loss journey for 5 months now. I have lost 29 lbs in that time. But, the last two months have really slowed down. I only lost 6 lbs in two months of time. I know I could have done better too, which is the reason I think I am depressed over it. I have not given up on working out. I run around 18-22 miles a week. I know I should weight lift and do other workouts, but I don't. I enjoy running, so I do what I enjoy. I don't think it is birthday blues but I just have not been able to get myself out of this weight loss funk since my birthday (early december). My husband took me out for a nice dinner out and I planned on getting all dressed up for it. I tried on 4 outfits and was not happy with the way any of them looked. I should have been happy that I was trying on outfits from 5 years ago and 3 sizes smaller than I was when I started this journey but I just broke down in tears. My husband is soooo supportive and said the sweetest things in the world to try and make me feel better. But, I still keep thinking all this work and still nothing looks good. Which brings me back to the cheesecake that is in the fridge. I also should be excited about the next two weekends of family christmas events. But, dreading the food that comes along with it. I know staying the same weigh through the holiday season is an accomplishment in itself. But, I need to see weight loss to keep going.

I don't know why I am really writing this. Maybe words of encouragement so I don't give up, maybe some advice to get through this funk. Has anyone else gone through this?

Replies

• LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Right there with you!!! I've only lost 10 lbs over the last 6 months... and I'm bummed but know that only I can change it. However, I can't seem to get my sh** together and stop using every weekend/event as an excuse. The first 40lbs was a breeze... but I'm losing my mojo. Add me if you like :)
  • RunnerLisa1
    RunnerLisa1 Posts: 84 Member
    This happens to me every holiday season so I've decided that through the holidays I just have to accept no weight loss, only maintain. Keep exercising & do the best you can. You will start to lose again once the new year hits and you'll be smokin those outfits! Hang in there, my friend.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    It's the holidays! I say eat, drink, and be merry at maintenance. Personally I have 1 measly pound to lose to hit my year goal. 30 pounds in 7 1/2 months.
  • jakiram
    jakiram Posts: 25 Member
    I have ups and downs. I don´t want to lose fast and then gain it back. But still my losing rate has slowed and slowed and slowed. And I have done everything "right", meaning I haven´t eaten those cheesecakes etc. unless I have had enough calories left to do so. I´m wondering if I´m eating too little - or just getting my calories from wrong foods.

I exercise a lot and lift weigts, so I´m hoping that I´m getting into shape and turning in to muscles allthough the scale is not showing the smaller numbers I´m hoping.

Let´s not give up! But do enjoy the holidays! It´s not what you eat between Christmas and New Year, it´s what you eat between New Year and Christmas!

Add me if you wish so! Happy Holidays!