C25K- FIRST WEEK FINISHED, DONT KNOW ABOUT THE NEXT..

Options
Has anyone else had issue with moving to week 2 of C25K. I feel really stupid asking this. But, day 1 I had no issue with the work out. (I had a really bad day at work and used that to my advantage) I did day 2, 2 days later, I found it a bit harder but completed it, I paused it twice to catch my breath and ran the program over by 2 minutes. I waited 4 days to do day 3 which was yesterday and really struggled to finish, but I didn't pause it at all. Each day I used the elliptical for 25 minutes before getting on the treadmill at the gym to do the C25K.
A little about me. I have never done anything like this before. Was never athletic. I'm down about 60lbs since I was diagnosed with Diabetes in February. I stopped smoking 10 weeks ago. I am on the elliptical at least 3 days a week for never less than 30 minutes, followed by weight training.
I was thinking of doing week 1 again...

Replies

• morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just started week three with no problems, after not being able to even finish week one a few weeks ago. What helped me was running slower during the jogging parts. Each workout during the week I can get a little faster, but the first one of the new week I basically do the 'airborne shuffle.' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QldGPM_Z9-8
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I think doing the elliptical first might be draining your energy a bit too much. I used our elliptical at home in the past and my legs were usually shot by the end of 20-25 minutes. Now that I am doing C25K (started last week but skipped to week 3) I do a 30-40 minute session of RevAbs abs + cardio intervals (jumping jacks, squat thrusts, mountain climbers) prior to doing my run. On the weekend I just do a quick warm up then I'm out the door early for my run.
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The great thing about C25K is you can go at your own pace so do week 1 again if you feel like it but do not quit. I repeated a week or two when I was doing it. Plus by repeating weeks it allows your body more time to adjust to the new exercise and you will be less likely to injure something. I second the not doing the elliptical before. You can go to that after if you still want but I would start with the running. And remember stretching after is almost more important that the running. Learn some good runner’s stretches and make them a part of your regular work out. I highly recommend foam rollers.