No. Bad idea.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    *headdesk*
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    That's a lot to lose in a short amount of time. Unless you are starting at 500 LBS, you are either setting yourself up for disappointment, or getting ready to starve yourself.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    How is it nonsense if it works?
    Um you can lose 15 lbs in 3 weeks... if you do an extremely low carb diet. I've lost 12 lbs in 1.5 weeks in the past using low carb + extremely low calories so it's not impossible though not recommended.... sure half of it may be water but it still is weight and water weight makes you look BLOATED

BTW I am doing a 1400 calorie, < 80 g/day low carb diet - started Tuesday, down 8 lbs WITH a high carb cheat day on Sunday.

Please stop with this nonsense.

First off, this isn't fat loss. You've lost water. Second, you are encouraging an unhealthy and unrealistic dieting approach.
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    OK So you guys are saying it's not possible to lose 15 lbs in 3 weeks - it is definitely possible, especially for those who are obese not just overweight. Stop hating and discouraging.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Uh no I kept that 12 lbs off for SIX months - how can it be all water? Also I dropped 2% BF as measured by fat calipers.
    Um you can lose 15 lbs in 3 weeks... if you do an extremely low carb diet. I've lost 12 lbs in 1.5 weeks in the past using low carb + extremely low calories so it's not impossible though not recommended.... sure half of it may be water but it still is weight and water weight makes you look BLOATED

BTW I am doing a 1400 calorie, < 80 g/day low carb diet - started Tuesday, down 8 lbs WITH a high carb cheat day on Sunday.

Try 70+% water.

SO half of it could be water, as you said in your post, but 70% is impossible? :laugh:
    percentweightloss.jpg
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Has to be trolls. Real people cannot be this effing stupid.
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sorry there is no way I could lose 15 pounds by New Year's Day.
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    It wasn't just water - if it was I would have re-gained that 12 lbs right away. I didn't, kept it off for SIX months and I did lose 2% body fat using the same fat calipers I used to measure before I started that crash diet. But I am not recommending it - I am recommending a moderately low calorie, low carb diet - she'll lose 15 lbs or more EASILY without starving herself. I'm not following this post anymore because you guys obviously have a problem with success. OP read what I said and then read what the other posters have said - I'm offering you first-hand experience that you can reach your goal by New Years, without starving OR exercise if you keep a low carb diet.

First off, this isn't fat loss. You've lost water. Second, you are encouraging an unhealthy and unrealistic dieting approach.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Sure, but I started that 15 lbs - 13 weeks ago.

smh
  • lupo316
    Options
    Be thankful if you can pull off 6 lbs by Jan 1st. But to do 15 lbs by Jan 1st, while not impossible, is very unhealthy and prone to a bounceback of easily regaining the weight.

A good rule of thumb is 1.5 - 2.5 lbs a week with hard work. Stick to that. Learn the discipline to weight loss.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    OK So you guys are saying it's not possible to lose 15 lbs in 3 weeks - it is definitely possible, especially for those who are obese not just overweight. Stop hating and discouraging.

Might be possible....won't be healthy.

Oh..unless she meant New Year's 2013. Then I'm totally in. 55 weeks to drop 15 pounds. I can do that. An maintain that for the last six months. Because at 1/2 a pound a week, it will take me to Independence Day to lose 15 pounds, but I'll be able to keep it off because I didn't try to drop it in 19 days.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • fearless_
    Options
    Watch fat sick and nearly dead...
    Get a juicer...
    You will lose weight really quickly..
    my boyfriend did it for 14 days and lost like 20 pounds...
    however, after he didn't keep up with eating healthy
    and gained it aaallll baaack
    and then some :(

I've done crash diets, low cal diets, etc...
    and yup, I lost a ton of weight FAST
    ....I gained it all back once I started...actually eating..

I suggest trying to lose .5 to 1 pound a week
    it takes longer, but it's easier to maintain...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It wasn't just water - if it was I would have re-gained that 12 lbs right away. I didn't, kept it off for SIX months and I did lose 2% body fat using the same fat calipers I used to measure before I started that crash diet. But I am not recommending it - I am recommending a moderately low calorie, low carb diet - she'll lose 15 lbs or more EASILY without starving herself. I'm not following this post anymore because you guys obviously have a problem with success. OP read what I said and then read what the other posters have said - I'm offering you first-hand experience that you can reach your goal by New Years, without starving OR exercise if you keep a low carb diet.

Totes, Bro. I'm SUPER jealous of your success.
  • tbellamy1
    Options
    NO!! I dont want to lose my hair and kill all the people around me! That is very unrealistic any way you try to word it. BAD IDEA!!! :noway:
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

18640E8D-1D42-4BCA-98B4-6F10919A2B4A-1393-00000142AB63D047.jpg
  • faireplay
    Options
    3500 calories burned/consumed below what you consume to lose 1 pound...so 52,500 calories. In nineteen days.....so my deficit would need to be over 2700 per day for 19 days?
    Ummm,....no.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    no, 15 pounds is just too much, definately couldnt be healthy for a body... im already on an exteme "diet" of 1200 calories a day... even with 1200 calories a day, plus working out mon-fri, i only lose 2 pounds a week... if you aim for 15 pounds in 2 weeks, you will either a) set yourself up for failure, b) harm your body by starving yourself to the point of organ damage caused by a lack of potassium and other required minerals and nutrients, or c) lose 10 pounds of water, and a healthy 5 pounds of fat... BUT GOOD LUCK TO YOU...
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Stop.jpg