New from Wisconsin!

Options
Hi all!

I'm excited to use this site to help with my "lifestyle change", not "diet" :)

I'm doing this with a couple girls from work, and hoping to lose 30 - 40 lbs by the end of July.

I'm looking forward to hearing motivational things from everyone on these posts!

Replies

• csteczynski
    Options
    GREAT place to start. I'm from WI as well. You get alot of support from people on this site. Good luck to you!!!!:happy:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too am in WI (southeastern) This is a wonderful website full of wonderful people! Good luck!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    HELLO AND WELCOME THIS IS A GREAT SITE JUST LOVE IT.I TO I'M FROM WISCONSIN ALSO,WHERE DO YOU LIVE?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm excited to use this site to help with my "lifestyle change", not "diet" :)

I'm doing this with a couple girls from work, and hoping to lose 30 - 40 lbs by the end of July.

I'm looking forward to hearing motivational things from everyone on these posts!

Hi Randilynn, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also under "Community", then "Weight Loss and Healthy Living", then "general diet and weight loss help", and then check out the first few threads. They'll REALLY help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Just the word "diet" would make me cringe and set me up for failure. :grumble: It meant depriving myself of all the "good stuff" out there, and as a result, I'd only last just so long, (maybe a few weeks if I was lucky!) and then I'd "cave" and go right back to eating all those "goodies" again! :embarrassed: :cry: But, MFP ISN'T a "diet". :noway: It's a "lifestyle change". :smile: (When I first read that, I said "Ya, SURE it is!", thinking that it WAS just another diet. :grumble: But, it wasn't! :noway:)
    The main reason that I've managed to lose the weight that I wanted to is because I HAVE been able to eat "real/good" foods. :bigsmile: (Not Slim Fast or any other easy, quick, fad "wacko" diets!:noway: ) Through MFP I learned that I just needed to "work for it", through exercise, and watching my numbers (MOST of the time! :wink: ) As long as I do that, I CAN occasionally have stuff like Chinese food, a double cheeseburger, pizza, and even homemade ice-cream! :love:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. :noway: For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!:wink: ) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria") :love: :happy:
    It's free, (unlike a gym!:grumble: ) fun, :smile: and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
    MFP REALLY, REALLY, DOES work! :love: :happy: Give it a chance, and it WILL work for you too! :smile:
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome Randilynn113! That's about my goal as well, but I am thinking it might take a little longer :happy: As long as it keeps coming off, no matter how slow I'll be happy. I love this website and love the support I get (because apparently I need more support than my friends and family can give to me on a daily basis! :wink: The lifestyle change is an important shift in the mind, I 100% agree! Good luck! Friend me if you want additional daily hugs!
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hey Wisconsinites, I to am originally from Racine, WI.

Welcome to the site randilynn and Good Luck! It's wonderful!!:bigsmile:
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Hi Randilynn, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also
    BranNew is ABSOLUTELY right with this tip. I try to plan the day with my breakfast and log it all, if I have to make adjustments during the day I don't get caught at the end! I suggest the measuring for sure in the beginning, really if you can eyeball the difference between 4 and 5oz of chicken more power to you, but I can't! :ohwell:
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm in Eau Claire -
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I FORGOT TO SAY I'M FROM RIPON,BORN AND RASIED IN SHEBOYGAN