Remaining Calories

Options
Ok, I know there's tons of talk about eating your exercise calories, but I really want to know if I should be eating them even if I'm not hungry? I have no problem eating them if I feel I need them, but if I'm not hungry, I haven't been eating them. I don't like to get in the habit of eating when I'm not hungry because I don't want to overeat when I don't have extra calories. What do y'all think? Should you eat the calories even if you aren't hungry?

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Are you at least haveing a NET of 1200 a day? If so you'll be fine. I would recomend that you at least eat some of them back so you have energy.
  • kingnatalie
    Options
    If you are not hungry there is no reason to make yourself eat, when you are hungry then by all means eat your exercise calories. If you start to see slowed weight loss or a halt in weight loss try eating all of your exercise calories.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know there's tons of talk about eating your exercise calories, but I really want to know if I should be eating them even if I'm not hungry? I have no problem eating them if I feel I need them, but if I'm not hungry, I haven't been eating them. I don't like to get in the habit of eating when I'm not hungry because I don't want to overeat when I don't have extra calories. What do y'all think? Should you eat the calories even if you aren't hungry?

I always stay above the 1200, but most of the time, I tend to leave SOME extra calories, just in case I estimated wrong on some of my foods throughout the day. :wink: :smile:
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    you could try eating higher calorie foods, and that way you're not eating more quantity wise.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Food is Fuel. If your gas gage shows full, are you going to stop and put more gas in your car? If you (imainge if) were to drive 100 miles, down hill, coasting, with the wind at your back...would you stop and add gas to your car if it still showed 3/4 tank and you only had 10 more miles to go? Don't put fuel in the tank that your engine doesn't need. If you start to feel sluggish or tired or anything out of the ordinary, then add SOME back in...but pay attention to what your machine is telling you.
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Food is Fuel. If your gas gage shows full, are you going to stop and put more gas in your car? If you (imainge if) were to drive 100 miles, down hill, coasting, with the wind at your back...would you stop and add gas to your car if it still showed 3/4 tank and you only had 10 more miles to go? Don't put fuel in the tank that your engine doesn't need. If you start to feel sluggish or tired or anything out of the ordinary, then add SOME back in...but pay attention to what your machine is telling you.

Thats a fantastic way of thinking about it, thanks for that!
  • shadechick
    shadechick Posts: 54 Member
    Options

That's the same idea I have, but with everyone talking about having to eat them or else go into starvation mode, it just seems dumb if I'm not hungry.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. :)