Favorite place to buy Athletic wear

Options
Where do you buy your Althletic wear?
If you go go the Gym, what do you wear?
Ladies, Best sports bra you own/owned?

Just getting new ideas on where to get my gym clothes. Mine seem to hit the trash to often.

Edit for typo

Replies

• ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Just getting new ideas on where to get my gym clothes. Mine seem to hit the trash to often.

Edit for typo

I've been looking for a place as well...but seem to land at Sports Authority
    At a typical day at the gym, I'll wear adidas pants and a t-shirt

The adidas pants are washed, but never placed in the dryer because they'll shrink like whoa and that's the end of that. T-shirts are dri-fit or clima-cool or just t-shirts that have been demoted to gym wear.
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump. I wanna know too.
  • centexhusker
    centexhusker Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Academy or the Adidas outlet store near me are where I get most of my stuff.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Best sports bra I own is my Under Armour compression one, love it and it has lasted a long time!

Best is anything with dri-wick again I am a huge fan of Under Armour but for pants I actually like my Fila wick away capri's

Just get what feels the best but you can never go wrong with wick away :smile: I usually wear capri's & a wicking tank to the gym.

Good luck!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I love Under Armour especially for when I'm running outside now that it's chilly out. When I first started, the new workout line from Old Navy was great but now they're too big and didn't last that long so I won't be replacing them. I'll probably stick with all Under Armour.

My sports bras I got from there too and they are so comfy! Sports Authority is nice too-when they have a sale at least. I hate paying full price for something that I know will be getting washed at least once a week depending on how often I wear it.

When I go to the gym, I'll wear pants and a tank top-for weight days. When I'm doing cardio, it's a tank top and capris-I hate being too hot when I run
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My favorite new pants, my daughter found at JCPenney, believe it or not! They're spandex capris. For shirts, I prefer dri-fit & they have to be sleeveless. I feel too confined & trapped once I start sweating & everything starts sticking to me.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Patagonia for everything. Lifetime guarantee, so it's totally worth the money. Super quality made clothing that is also very technical (moisture management/stretch/breathability/comfort) and stylish.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    As a guy, I buy whatever gym shorts are on sale, and the t-shirts I wear are older shirts that are either faded or old.. Working out isn't a fashion statement for me.. too sweaty to be social
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Edit for typo

I have found mine at Walmart clearance AND All About Sports (sports resale shop).
    What I wear matters on my mood- tights and long sleeve shirt, t-shirt and shorts, skort and tank, etc. etc. I have color matching shorts/pants/t-shirts/tanks and long sleeve shirts. It also matters on what im going to be doing. I dont wear shorts to lift but i dont always wear shorts to run in either.
    I like the regular cheap ones from Walmart.

Today I wore a long sleeve pink shirt, pink sports bra, and black workout tights. I did cardio and strength.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Fashion bug, Torrid and oddly enough burlington coat factory (some pants). I hate how hard it is to find plus size work out clothes that aren't really expensive.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I like D!(k's.

*edited to add apostrophe.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I like ****s.
    Me too
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Underarmour.com...or their outlet. I should get paid for all the free advertising I do for them. Seriously.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    ****s (yes, yes laugh about it) I find good sales there on under armor and reebok/addidas shorts and tanks

I also like Gapfit running leggings for outside cold running and yoga pants.

When I work out I am always in shorts and a tank top- can't stand having things touching my arms when I am running- feel too constricted.

My sports bras actually came from target- champion brand. They fit great, and come in a variety of different shades and fits.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Athleta has great pants - the kick booty pant makes your booty look amazing. They are pricey but last forever.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    My sports bras actually came from target- champion brand. They fit great, and come in a variety of different shades and fits.

I was going to say this, but coming from a guy, I wasn't sure how many people would take me seriously.
  • stewartcarden
    Options
    UK any old pair of tracksuit bottoms and some form of tshirt
    old new grubby or brand spanking , doesnt bother me

got into a bad habit of wearing band t shirts one day and looking slightly emo
    then wearing my celtic football tops the next and looking anything but ;p

If not any of the above ( sports direct , old jjb , JD etc) then i tend to wear my MMA/ thai boxing/ jiu jitsu shorts in the gym, comfiest ****ers out there!
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    under armour everything. Best workout clothes/bra period. It is pricey, but they have outlet stores around which is where I get a piece or two at a time when I'm near one. And the bonus is they last forever and look like they're brand new. I have a sports bra from like 7 years ago that still looks brand new (unfortunately after I had a kid it was too small, but if I was still a B cup, it'd be great)
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Adidas, champion, asics, head.... :)

I got my sports bra from Decathlon...i don't really know the brand, but i've been using it for like one year and so few times a week and it is in amazing, and i love it!

I also love Adidas legging for running and athletics...for basketball shorts. :smile:

So i suggest Adidas, they have quite good stuff :happy:
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I go to Winners because I can get Nike Dri-fit pants (flared leg, so like a yoga pant) for 25-30$ and they fit me way better than any other athletic pants I've tried on (including Lululemon). I also buy my work out tanks and sports bras there.