Need help to get back on track!

Options
Last summer I lost 17 pounds, then I took a new job and commuted for 3 months away from my family. I've gained 11 pounds back and I am really disgusted with myself. I need help to get back on track, now that my family has moved and we are all together. I am still running 6-7 days /week, but I have eaten anything, everything! The stress was horrible. And to make matters worse, I travel internationally every month which makes eating and working out really hard. If anyone has words of advice, encouragement, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!

Replies

• melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    First, you've come to the right place for support. Anytime you need a motiviational boost you can surely find it on here. I have to log on everyday to motivate myself to work out, and I have, seven days in a row!

Second, you can do this! You have the will! I know traveling does make it difficult to eat healthy and workout but it doesn't have to be a road block for you. You control what you eat. Just make the best choice possible. As far as working out, perhaps you could take dvd's with you to use in the hotel. Go for a walk, use the gym hotel, do the old school crunches and jumping jacks...whatever it takes. It's all about how bad you want to change your life. And if you want it you can do it. We all believe in you!
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing:grumble: ...I lost 29 & gained 8 back.

We just have to keep on doing what we did...portion control, exercise when you can. If your traveling than walking further from your destination or eat less on the go. Find something else to think about by keeping busy.

:tongue: Fiber full food instead of empty calories from sugar snacks etc etc....I'm with you too.

I'm hoping to join a group today that's holds a contest of weekly weigh-ins...that helps with accountability. Hope this helps:drinker:
  • urso99
    urso99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

Are you able to have MFP with you on a laptop or cell phone app? I find keeping up with it online REALLY helps!!

Just getting into a routine will be the greatest for you right now!!!!!!!

Stick with it, your already running, keep it up!! And just try to add a new healthy ways each and everyday!