Anyone under the age of 35???

Hi everyone!!! I'm trying to lose some weight (about 5-10 pounds), and need people closer to my age for some support. I need ideas for working out without doing so excessively as I've battled with eating disorders in the past. Any suggestions/ideas?

I am: 5"0, 100 pounds, and 18 years old.

Replies

• lisasmock88
    lisasmock88 Posts: 5 Member
    hi my name is lisa im 24 i need to lose about 60lbs i cant seam so shake the w8 after having my son and have even gained a little add me if you want !
  • I'd say no more than an hour a day. 30-60 minutes would be a good amount without going overboard. You should have at least 2 rest days per week, also. :) I hope this helps!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    no everyone on this website is over 35
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    I am
  • joshpass
    joshpass Posts: 82 Member
    i'm 28, anyone can add me. You don't NEED exercise to lose weight. It's simply calories in vs calories out. Obviously exercise is GREAT for anyone though for many many reasons, not just losing weight. I'm not trying to lose weight but I exercise. Anywho, let me know if you need any specific help as I do consulting.
  • hkry3250
    hkry3250 Posts: 140
    I'm only 32 for 7 more days. Those 5-10 lbs are usually the hardest to get rid of. What's your meals and exercises look like so far?
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 339 Member
    I am 30 and 5' tall. What I think you should focus on is more of a recomposition than weight loss. Start a good lifting program which will help get you more lean. My goal is to get around 115-120 depending on how I feel as I get closer. I wouldn't do more than an hour a day. I would alternate between cardio days and lifting days. The lifting will do the most for shaping your body.
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Feel free to add me.

In your case I would figure out your TDEE and BMR and eat somewhere in between. They say 20% less than your TDEE.

Also, what workouts you do depend on what you are trying to do. If you are trying to lose weight and tone up, I would do a mixture of cardio and weight lifting.
  • 29 here, Add me if you like :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Im 33 and we have nothing in common.
  • Hi

Im 23 and trying to loose around 10-15 pounds more, so I cn live my "young" life to the fullist and ty wht is like to not be overweight anymore.

Please feel free to add me too (this goes for everyone else as well ^^)
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    i'm 5'11", 182ish pounds, trying to lose 10 to 15....25 years old
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    I'm old as dirt and you need to add some weight. Get help please.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    I'm old as dirt and you need to add some weight. Get help please.

Daddy?
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    No, everyone on this site is over 35
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    You should consider your healthy BMI range cuts off at about 94/95 lbs, so 10lbs is quite a large goal.

It may be worth targeting Body Fat % and giving strength training a go. You may end up heavier in pounds, but you will likely have more the body you are thinking of - toned and lean.
  • slowly_changing12
    slowly_changing12 Posts: 192 Member
    i just turned 26!!!!! add me if you want too!!!!!!!! i would love to motivate!!!!
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    I barely made the cut at 34.... lol add me... I believe it's a combo if diet and exercise. Diet will drop the lbs, exercise will tone you up and give you shape.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    and we have nothing in common.

That's how many marriages start in this country.