My moms doctor just told her...

Options
2»

Replies

• shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Many years ago now I worked at a book store, and back then he came out with his "You an Owners Manual" book, and I found it extremely easy to understand/helpful/straightforward info about how things work. The things that he said back at that time seemed like useful tidbits of info. Now it seems like he's just trying to sell anything and everything!! Good advice your mom was given!
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ...And lastly...Dr. Ox talks about poop way too much.
    Yeah, that's why I always like calling the guy "Dr. Good-Poop" Whenever my mom would watch him and I would walk through the room, that's what he would be talking about.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    droz.jpg
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz. causes me more trouble than about anything I deal with on a daily basis.

Is there an ICD-10 code for an 'Dr. Ozendectomy'?
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    DrOzSinestroCorps.jpg

People just jealous ^_^
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    I work at a facility for women, I have 40+ hours of continuting education about fitness,health, and exercise. I am currently in school to be a dietitian and you wouldn't believe the women that will snap at me that " I'M NOT A DOCTOR" because I was debating something they heard on that stupid *kitten* show.

My favorite? Chocolate milk after a workout. I asked the lady about it and she said just a big glass of milk with chocolate in it, no portion size, no skim, just a big ol' calorie packed glass of milk. So I asked her, if you are using skim and have a large glass, let's estimate that the glass holds 3 servings. That is on average 240 calories. Then the chocolate isn't measured out or sugar free *according to her* and so I said lets say you happen to squeeze the bottle right and have 2TBSP of hersheys chocolate syrup. That is another 100 calories. So I asked her what her average calorie burn was (we have a program that tells the women their calorie burn up to 85% accuracy) and she said 250-270. So then I told her word for word, You are going to burn 270 calories here but then go home and drink back 340 calories? How does that even make sense to you?

*kitten* you Dr Oz and Old lady B*tch!
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    DoctorOZ.jpg
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Is there an ICD-10 code for an 'Dr. Ozendectomy'?
    •F01-F09 Mental disorders due to known physiological conditions
    •F10-F19 Mental and behavioral disorders due to psychoactive substance use
    •F20-F29 Schizophrenia, schizotypal, delusional, and other non-mood psychotic disorders
    •F30-F39 Mood [affective] disorders
    •F40-F48 Anxiety, dissociative, stress-related, somatoform and other nonpsychotic mental disorders
    •F50-F59 Behavioral syndromes associated with physiological disturbances and physical factors
    •F60-F69 Disorders of adult personality and behavior
    •F70-F79 Intellectual disabilities
    •F80-F89 Pervasive and specific developmental disorders
    •F90-F98 Behavioral and emotional disorders with onset usually occurring in childhood and adolescence
    •F99-F99 Unspecified mental disorder

:wink:
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My dad once purchased a book by Dr. Phil. I was a psychology student at the time, exploring graduate programs and I went into a whole rant and marched my dad back to the bookstore to return the book. He stays away from Dr. Oz (having learned better), and luckily my mom's in the healthcare field (management) and is around real, practicing, licensed doctors and nurses enough to know Dr. Oz is a quack.
  • XxXWhitneyShereeXxX
    Options
    lmaooooo that's awesome!