Being inbetween sizes really sucks

Options
On the plus side, my once too tight trousers fit comfortably but they are too big now. I have the same pair of trousers in the next size down but just need to lose a little more before I can wear them. Unfortunately I have lost a lot of weight from my legs and not enough on my stomach/hips so they look extra baggy from the legs. I was considering very skirts/long dresses but it is freezing in London at the moment and I feel more comfortable in trousers.

Anyone sharing my pain?

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Completely. I deal with it by entertaining myself by curtsying in my pants/jeans. Not losing quickly from my waist is saving me money for now, but it's rather annoying too.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Would it be worth it to take the larger size to a tailor?
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It's a hard place to be, but this too shall pass.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Seriously....I hate how I look in my current clothes (Very boy-ish because everything is loose) But not at my goal just yet so I have to wait..ugh. I CAN'T WAIT to go clothes shopping. I started at an 8, now about a 6, goal is a 4...So I'm exactly in the middle. Not a good look.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Yes, and my boss just decided we have to wear logo apparel every day. So, he only had unisex sized shirts to give out, which made me look like a balloon animal wearing a dress. So I've had to pay for like 8 new ladies' cut shirts and I also have to pay to have them embroidered or screen printed. The biggest problem is I'm between sizes and I will need new ones in a couple of months. Grrrr. Expensive. This is on top of the fact that I just lost 3 sizes and replaced my entire wardrobe of work clothes that I can no longer wear to work. Yikes! $$$$ And the joy of knowing that soon I will look frumpy and dumpy when these are all a size too big.
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    I'm with the previous poster. Take them to a tailor and have the legs taken in. Most times you can have it done for less than the cost of a new pair of pants.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    On the plus side, my once too tight trousers fit comfortably but they are too big now. I have the same pair of trousers in the next size down but just need to lose a little more before I can wear them. Unfortunately I have lost a lot of weight from my legs and not enough on my stomach/hips so they look extra baggy from the legs. I was considering very skirts/long dresses but it is freezing in London at the moment and I feel more comfortable in trousers.

Anyone sharing my pain?

Not only do I have issues with being between sizes...but the size that *fits* in the morning is falling off my booty by lunch. The way I am built, a belt is NO help.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Birthday suits the perfect size, aint nothing wrong with a little fresh air OP
  • Rosalyn94
    Rosalyn94 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in that right now! Except I have the opposite problem; losing a lot from my hips and waist but not so much from my legs...
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    I agree! I'm in between sizes and have been stuck right here for a few months. I am running out of patience!
  • musiqueange
    musiqueange Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem for a long time and haven't had an easy time since I was a size 16 (I'm between an 18 and 20 US). My legs and thighs are too small to look normal in size 20s and I can't fit into 18s yet because of my belly. It ruins everything! Plus I wear short lengths and those are slightly smaller than average and tall so there's that, too. I could have them shortened but it's so pleasant to have something that is the correct length already. :)
  • alderman59
    alderman59 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I take in the hips and upper thigh portion so that they are a little slimmer. It is pretty simple to do since you only do the outside seem about 1/4"-1/2". One full size is about 3/4"-1" less in most women's clothing. It makes a difference and you don't feel so sloppy.
  • stepmark
    stepmark Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yip!!

I just went through my closet and took all my large clothes to Good Will!! NSV!!
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I never considered going to a Tailor but it is a good idea. I will need to do some research about where my nearest one is as I don't know of one close by.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Oh yeah!! Just a little too big for the next size down, yet too small for most of my clothes. Funny story. I was running across the street to check the mail a few weeks ago and my too-big exercise pants fell down. Thank goodness none of my neighbors were around. Hopefully no one saw from their windows. Lol.
  • fun_b
    Options
    Birthday suits the perfect size, aint nothing wrong with a little fresh air OP

:laugh: Don't think my colleagues would be too amused.
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    What's worse is when you make it to the next size down, buy yourself a few pairs of slacks that fit, and only wear them a handful of times before you've passed that size up for the next smaller size again.

What am I saying? I love this "problem"!!
  • fun_b
    Options
    Oh yeah!! Just a little too big for the next size down, yet too small for most of my clothes. Funny story. I was running across the street to check the mail a few weeks ago and my too-big exercise pants fell down. Thank goodness none of my neighbors were around. Hopefully no one saw from their windows. Lol.

This happened to me once with my jeans. I didn't wear a belt and was running at the station. I was lucky that I managed to pull them up before anyone noticed!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I never considered going to a Tailor but it is a good idea. I will need to do some research about where my nearest one is as I don't know of one close by.

A lot of times there will be one right at the mall. You could check there. Or the phone book.
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Been having this problem lately as well, mostly the "all my pants are falling off of me" part. Especially when running for the bus with a wallet full of pennies (and only pennies...) on the day you forgot to wear a belt. Or realizing that the only pair of clean exercise pants are a bit big but think they will work just this once...

Often times dry cleaners will also do tailoring, I believe.