Get back on track after a bad day- meal suggestions?

Options
Hey all, So I've had a bit of a bad day today and I was wondering what I should eat tomorrow to get back on track? Should I reduce my caloric intake to make up for today? Or any sort of clean meals to rectify what I've eaten today (half a beef dip with fries, a sugar cookie and gingersnap).

Replies

• 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't eat lower tomorrow to make up for today.

You may not be allowing yourself enough to eat on a day-to-day basis because what you ate doesn't seem that calorically high. I ate much more than that between noon and 4pm, actually.

Anyways, sometimes to help me the next day, I like to eat a high protein breakfast of 400-500 calories. It sets my day off really nicely and I feel like I have a fresh start with the added benefit of satiety and hunger control.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    you will have good days and bad- dont change how you treat the next day other than eating right and within your cals.

Yesterday i felt like crap and didnt log at all. Im not doing anything special today except staying in my cals.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    It's done already so your best off to just move on from it, and make better/healthier choices tomorrow. Don't make your intake lower to make up for it either, that doesn't achieve anything.

Some tips that I do to get over a bad day or a holiday feast:

*Lots of water
    *Add a cup of fruit and/or veggies to atleast 2 meals
    *A good sweat session. A nice workout or visit to the gym always perks me up and helps me feel less sluggish from the not so good choices from the day before
    *Get a good sleep.

Good luck!