Apple Cider Vinegar Detox.

Options
EKarma
EKarma Posts: 594 Member
Well I was on justcleansing.com and came across this Apple cider vinegar detox. It seemed pritty simple.. and it seems to have a lot of benefits.. So I'm trying it today and WOW! Um.. Apple Cider Vinegar is the hardest thing to muster down even in 16 oz of water! :drinker: Bleh! :sick:

Has anyone ever done this? Do you have any suggestions? Did you feel a difference (feel cleaner)? All I'm basically gonna do is take 2-3 teaspoons in a glass of water or whatever and see how that goes.. Whatcha think?

xo

Replies

• noseovertail
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar is wonderful and has all kinds of uses. My husband drank it daily for a while and felt great from it. I used to use it as a toner for my skin and it really evened out my complexion (dilute it a bit if you do that). What kind are you using? I read that one with the "mother" is best, we use Bragg's.
  • happybrooke
    Options
    what are the benefits? I've never heard of this before....can't imagine drinking it!!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm using bottom shelf stuff (I bought a while ago :-/).. I'm gonna head to the g.store though and see if I can find something else.. I heard it's good for bloating when it's that wonderful time of the month (it'll get rid of water weight). Hey thanks for the suggestion.. I'll check out Bragg's!
  • nicupson
    nicupson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've tried the apple cider vinegar drink. (it takes some getting used to). Bragg's (or any other organic unfiltered) apple cider vinegar is the way to go. It needs to contain 'the mother'. I drink mine with a teaspoon of added honey and the juice of half a lemon. It makes it a whole lot better. :smile:
  • sillysallyf
    sillysallyf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have mixed it with garlic and natural honey. I got the recipe from my mother. It helped her lose weight so I started to drink it too. It is hard to swallow. I would put 1 tablespoon in 1 cup of cranberry juice. The cranberry juice helped me to swallow it down better. Cranberry juice is strong itself. I also use Bragg's. You can get it from GNC. I am going to start drinking it again starting tomorrow. Wish me luck.
  • sillysallyf
    sillysallyf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've tried the apple cider vinegar drink. (it takes some getting used to). Bragg's (or any other organic unfiltered) apple cider vinegar is the way to go. It needs to contain 'the mother'. I drink mine with a teaspoon of added honey and the juice of half a lemon. It makes it a whole lot better. :smile:

I am going to try the lemon juice instead of the cranberry juice. Just to see what it taste like.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    lol I tried it straight for a long time and I dont care if you mix it in a gallon of water its still awful!!! Finally I started mixing it with 1/2 a cup of cranberry juice and just chugging it and the juice cut the flavor enough that I could stomach it. I didnt stick with it long enough to really notice a difference, for me it was mostly just gross enough that i lost my appetite!!!!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    lol I tried it straight for a long time and I dont care if you mix it in a gallon of water its still awful!!! Finally I started mixing it with 1/2 a cup of cranberry juice and just chugging it and the juice cut the flavor enough that I could stomach it. I didnt stick with it long enough to really notice a difference, for me it was mostly just gross enough that i lost my appetite!!!!