You'd weigh XXX.X in 5 weeks*

For the people who have been on here for a while..
Is the estimated weight in 5 weeks kinda accurate or is it not? Has it ever been accurate
for any of you? :)

Replies

• mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    I think it is for me. I actually find this very motivating.
  • Sincere24
    Sincere24 Posts: 126 Member
    weightloss is never linear
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    haha i thought it was all crap at first, but here i am... weighing exactly what it predicted i would weigh
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    In the main it is not a bad estimate on days where you don't go over or under on your calories too much.
    I started making a note of it each day (on my spreadsheet against the date 5 weeks hence) to see how it did.
  • Just wanted to know!! LOL its very motivating because I really wanna see that number in 5 weeks!!!
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Regardless of whether or not you meet that 5 week forecast, remember that weight loss is a marathon and NOT a sprint. The important part is just finishing, NOT how quickly you do it.

Good luck!
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Regardless of whether or not you meet that 5 week forecast, remember that weight loss is a marathon and NOT a sprint. The important part is just finishing, NOT how quickly you do it.

Good luck!

I like this guy.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    I always think "yeah, right" to that prediction... I eat under (don't eat back all my burned cals) so that prediction is generally a faster weight loss than I am really seeing. But it still makes me think I will see that number SOMEday and it is motivating.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Never.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    I actually just recently decided to check this out....5 weeks later, MFP was SPOT on. I was very impressed.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    I pencil it on my wall calendar sometimes, just for fun. Sometimes it's bang on. Sometimes... well.. not so much. Really depends on how consistent I am with eating well, and sometimes I have a 'whoosh' and lose more than predicted.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    In the main it is not a bad estimate on days where you don't go over or under on your calories too much.
    I started making a note of it each day (on my spreadsheet against the date 5 weeks hence) to see how it did.

I love that in your ticker the little person is not only getting skinnier but also taller.

Sigh.... I wish. :frown:
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    That number is just a calculation based on your calorie deficit for that particular day and it's saying if your deficit was the same as that every day, that's what you'd weigh in 5 weeks.
    If your calories intake and output are close to the same every day, it should be fairly accurate.
    Mine always was.
  • Regardless of whether or not you meet that 5 week forecast, remember that weight loss is a marathon and NOT a sprint. The important part is just finishing, NOT how quickly you do it.

Good luck!

I like this guy.

Me too!
  • pamperqueen
    pamperqueen Posts: 1 Member
    I'm seeing results after I day of switching over here from weight watchers so that would be great to get to that number!
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    I'm seeing results after I day of switching over here from weight watchers so that would be great to get to that number!
    one day? geez
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    weightloss is never linear

This. You have to remember that statement says if you ate that way every day. Nobody is going to eat the exact same thing every day.

Besides... by MFP math I should only be losing 0.7 lbs a week, but I'm actually losing 1 lb a week.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I found it very motivating and that's the reason I got hooked on MFP in the first place. I thought, Harrumph! We'll just see about that! And then, 5 weeks later, I had lost even more than was predicted. YAY MFP :)
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    i find it a load of bollocks. My calorie intake varies daily, and thus the estimate is just rubbish, one day i will be umpteen pounds up, next I will be same down. i ignore it
  • rosieg1979
    rosieg1979 Posts: 99 Member
    I like it. It gives me a kick up the *kitten* when I eat over, and see how much weight I will put back on in 5 weeks. Weight I have really struggled to lose.