I am so glad Lent starts tomorrow!

torsaer
torsaer Posts: 211 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Have been going overboard on chocolate until I feel quite ill - just because I'm giving it up for Lent! I'm also giving up wheat and refined sugar; glad that I'm starting my new regime tomorrow as I feel good and ready!

Replies

• urso99
    urso99 Posts: 37 Member
    I am going to "try" to give up coffee AGAIN. LOL!

But there is a difference, my routine with coffee is, wake up, drink 3 cups, which takes 3 hours, then I eat breakfast at 9am. Which pushes all my other daily activities and exercises back. And I really dont like it that way! But I like my coffee!

So hopefully, if I wake up, and eat soon after, I can get my exercise in faster and be done for the day!

Good luck to us!
  • urso99
    urso99 Posts: 37 Member
    I am going to "try" to give up coffee AGAIN. LOL!

But there is a difference, my routine with coffee is, wake up, drink 3 cups, which takes 3 hours, then I eat breakfast at 9am. Which pushes all my other daily activities and exercises back. And I really dont like it that way! But I like my coffee!

So hopefully, if I wake up, and eat soon after, I can get my exercise in faster and be done for the day!

Good luck to us!
  • I am planning on giving up meat for the entire time. I am a little concerned becuase when I have done this before I tend to compensate with pasta, eggs and/or cheese. I want to go more towards veggies and beans this time.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I read online where bishops are encouraging people to give up their iPod for Lent. Talk about a sacrifice!!
This discussion has been closed.