How many times do you do it each week?

Options
Of course I mean cook dinner. I have a husband, 3 kids a dog and a cat. I cook almost every day. My husband works construction and comes home STARVING. He wants hot, home made food. Truthfully, I prefer my own cooking over fast food too. Not to mention it is more economical. So, how many times a week do you cook or do you cook at all?

Replies

• rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    7 days a week. If by Sunday we have alot of leftovers, then I don't cook that day. But usually it is everyday. My family likes homemade food too.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    7 days a week. Unless I have dinner plans for something at a restaurant.
  • jessbena
    Options
    7 days a week. Although this week I made freezer meals so I just really cooked once. We'll see how I like it.
  • Never! Hubby does all of the cooking, which is every day.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    WHOA. I totally missunderstood the topic of this thread by the title. Heads up - I'm probably not going to be the only one.

Either way.

EVERY NIGHT! Sometimes twice a day on the weekends. :laugh:
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
  • RyanCiurzynski
    Options
    Not enough!!! My wife and kids have a pretty busy schedule. I'm always running here and there. There's no telling when or if everyone will be home to eat. We're lucky if we are able to all sit and eat together once a week so the cooking of a well rounded meal will happen once a week if we're lucky. Crazy!!
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Since I have been watching what I eat 5-7 nights are home cooked meals. I work from home and sort of make lunches for myself too. Eating out and carry out are/were big changes for us, depending on the weeks we might do that 3-4 times a week.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Dinner-7 days a week, usually. :happy:
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I usually cool 5-6 times a week (sometimes 7 depending on the week)...and then some nights someone cooks for me. :) I really do enjoy eating out, but it's too expensive and I can't really eat as healthily as I do when I cook my own meals.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    WHOA. I totally missunderstood the topic of this thread by the title. Heads up - I'm probably not going to be the only one.
    Were you thinking sexual relations too? :blushing: Oh my! You scamp!
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with the rest, i cook approx 7 days a week.

but with a family, i might have a different answer. Most of the married people with kids i know cook about 5-6 days a week and eat out at least once or twice.
    if you're trying to be healthy, keep cooking, just buy in bulk.
    maybe take turns. if you're a career woman, maybe you guys can schedule weeks where you cook then he takes over. If you're a stay at home mom, guess it's a rule that you'll do most of the cooking, but a break is still needed. Talk to your spouse and get his opinion and come to an agreement.

good luck!!
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

Either way.

EVERY NIGHT! Sometimes twice a day on the weekends. :laugh:

LOL, Brenda you're like breakfast lunch and dinner i do it!!!!!!
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Not nearly enough :( We go through spurts where we will cook 4-5 days a week and then we have weeks where we eat out 7 nights a week. Horrible, I know, but we are working on it. Nutrition and money saved should be huge motivators, but after working all day, neither one of us wants to cook!
  • craftycatlady
    craftycatlady Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I usually cook about 3-4x a week, and when I cook I make a lot so that it lasts for multiple meals (casseroles, soups, and such). I'd like to cook more than that but with my inconsistent retail schedule it is challenging.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I work 3-4 days per week- flextime 12hr + shifts as a nurse. It is near to impossible to cook everyday. I cook on my days off usually a large amounts for leftovers. I have a 16 yr old daughter coming into her own with her cooking skills & can occasionally cook if she is not too swamped with homework. The best thing I did was insist on her becoming my sous chef in the kitchen when she turned thirteen. She hated it but, I dragged her in with me every time. By 14 she was cooking under my direct supervision. By the time she is on a college campus, she can avoid the "freshman 15" because she can make her own healthy meals.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I only cook about 3-4 times a week, because it's just my husband and I (the baby is just starting to eat table food); since we often have leftovers, and i hate leaving things in the fridge too long and throwing them out. I have learned to freeze things (particularly soups) to enjoy at a later date. We do order takeout a couple times a month, usually when one of us is craving Thai or Indian…
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    My husband is the one that does the cooking but we have home meals almost every day. Fridays and sometimes Saturdays are our go out to eat days.
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Home cooked meals every day. I live with 4 other people though, so we rotate who cooks.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Of course I mean cook dinner. I have a husband, 3 kids a dog and a cat. I cook almost every day. My husband works construction and comes home STARVING. He wants hot, home made food. Truthfully, I prefer my own cooking over fast food too. Not to mention it is more economical. So, how many times a week do you cook or do you cook at all?

I cook whenever I want to eat, which turns out to be daily.