can you relate to binge before TOM

Options
2»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Yep, eat, sleep, and yell at people is all I want to do when I'm PMSing.
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    Thank you for all your posts ladies (some of them made me seriously giggle lol) It's nice to feel less alone on this one! Sounds like it's pretty darn normal lol but still completely sucks.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    The day of my period, I can clean off 2500 cals, easy. This month the first day fell on my free day - I might incorporate this into future TOM's.
  • Momma1213
    Options
    Yep. Eat, sleep, eat some more sums up that special time for me too. I try to embrace the it will be all better in a week or two mentality, but it sure gets hard when that scales creeps up 5 pounds....
    I admit I breath a sigh of relief when it's done and climb on the scale to see the pounds have vanished back to whence the came! I'm pretty sure I need to blame the cat though. His food dish is right next to the scale :)
  • IowaPrincess
    IowaPrincess Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I crave chocolate and pizza sooooooo bad a few days before and after my TOM. i get ravenous and feel like a bottomless pit!
    i can totally relate. Dont beat yourself up. Sometimes hormones can really take over will power. Its just a day.
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Guilty as well. It seems like a few days before I want to eat everything in sight. Then once it's here, I feel bloated and eat less calories. :grumble:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I used to - it was always salty carbs for me during that time. Don't know if it's the workouts or the weight loss or what, but it's not so bad anymore. And if I do get those cravings, I no longer reach for a bag of salty chips, but get myself a piece of dark chocolate and a tablespoon of chunky peanut butter - satisfies the craving. :)
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    The day of my period, I can clean off 2500 cals, easy. This month the first day fell on my free day - I might incorporate this into future TOM's.

I would probably need a "free week" lol but what a great idea on the timing of the free day!!!
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    I made it up to 2350 cals today.. big jump from my 1600-1700! I was at 1800 by dinner, and of course my after dinner binge brought me up that many cals, so crazy! Logging makes me realize though how fast things add up. I have been doing this for years and never though about the calories. Hope this becomes an eye opener for me, and some how some way over time I can figure out how to satisfy cravings without binging :( so frustrating.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I just listened to a youtube episode of Jillian Michaels Daily Dose on this. (I too, have this issue) She suggests drinking extra water, filling up as much as possible on low calorie vegetables to make your stomach feel full, to push yourself to work out even though you don't feel like it, and finally, to have a small amount of a high quality item you are craving if you really need to.

Here's the link if interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yTiudU3dSU
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I hate hormones - and it sounds like there's lots of folks in the same boat! It's like any will power you have goes out the window, and anything is fair game in the pantry.

Best solution is to not have the bad choices in the pantry - - and freeze the bank card / credit card so you can't go out and pick up some of that stuff. I'm not successful with that yet, but I keep reminding myself that I need to keep working on it!