After 2 days...

Options
I changed my goal :noway: I was just thinking 1200 is a little too low for me. I might still eat that low but seeing I still have a few calories left makes me feel better. Does that make any sense or am just waffling.

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    If you only have 10 lbs to lose, that may be too big a deficit for you. Whatever you can sustain is the right amount... as long as it's under your total burn for the day.
  • LuvHinesWard86
    LuvHinesWard86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • mtlkate
    mtlkate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Search for posts on TDEE to help you to determine a good caloric goal. 1200 calories is rock bottom and is hard to maintain for the long haul.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Figure out your BMR and TDEE (both can be found with calculators online) and eat somewhere between. Your BMR is the floor and your TDEE is the ceiling. Pick a number somewhere in between.
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    i answered this question in another thread and another person answered in TDEE approach

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819189-new-here-am-i-doing-it-right

both of the ways is correct so you can pick from any of them
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
  • KatieSChaisemom
    KatieSChaisemom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's day 3 for me. I have pushed myself to eat especially healthy snacks like oranges, carrots, etc. For breakfast I had a grapefruit. I weigh 186 and need to lose 71 lbs. I cannot eat as much as this page wants me to eat at all. As soon as I started to catch up to it I went to the gym came home and logged my workout and they wanted me to eat almost 500 more calories. I am stuffed. I don;t think I will be able to eat as much as they want me to.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It's day 3 for me. I have pushed myself to eat especially healthy snacks like oranges, carrots, etc. For breakfast I had a grapefruit. I weigh 186 and need to lose 71 lbs. I cannot eat as much as this page wants me to eat at all. As soon as I started to catch up to it I went to the gym came home and logged my workout and they wanted me to eat almost 500 more calories. I am stuffed. I don;t think I will be able to eat as much as they want me to.

Add some healthy fats and it's easy. A handful of nuts costs a lot of calories or what about adding some oil to your salad or full fat dairy? Not so hard.