Can't stop checking out my assets, HELP!

Options
I am beginning to have a real problem.

Over the past year I've started squatting heavy, and recently I've lost my "shelf butt" as they call it. Now I can't help but check out my derriere when I walk past a mirror, or any reflective vertical surface. I used to avoid mirrors and cameras out of shame and self-hatred, but now when I see my reflection, I always have to turn around and do a covert 'booty tooch'. See video clip for definition/demonstration of the 'booty tooch' here >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRG25j02oV0

Does anyone else suffer from compulsive 'booty tooching' due to their improving figure? Please tell me I'm not alone! :embarassed:

--

OK so this is a parody post, but it's also a BODY POSITIVE and PRO-HEAVY LIFTING post. By no means do I have a remarkable body at present, and I'm not even half-way to my goal weight/size, but dammnit I like what I'm seeing on the way there and I hope you all are too with your own progress! :wink: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Haha your definitely not alone! I check out my butt all the time.. And I love my thighs!! It's funny because I used to have no shape, Just round.. I started losing weight and close friends n family would say wow Brit, you actually have a butt now! And I would reply.. it was always there, just hidden! I love the fact that I actually have a figure now.. And I admire myself quite often! Probably bc I'm a butt fan in general, so the fact that I now have a nice *kitten* is very rewarding!! I do squats and lungs, and a little other strength training.. I would like to get into the "heavy lifting" type thing soon.. Any advice or routine tips?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    As soon as I see my reflection, I have to flex. I don't know what to do!:sad: :sad: :sad:

Help
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    <---- I check this thing out all the damn time...

Is this a bad thing? Do I need help?

I blame lifting heavy things! This is awful!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I would like to get into the "heavy lifting" type thing soon.. Any advice or routine tips?

I jumped on the 'New Rules of Lifting for Women' bandwagon, I think it's a great place to start!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I love flexing my quads whenever my husband touches my legs.
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I would like to get into the "heavy lifting" type thing soon.. Any advice or routine tips?

I jumped on the 'New Rules of Lifting for Women' bandwagon, I think it's a great place to start!

Thank you :)
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I pose in front of the mirror a lot. I still can't get used to the fact that's me! And I'm only about half way to goal. And sometimes I just stand there and stare at my face because now that a lot of fat is gone from my face I almost think I'm....maybe a little bit pretty! :blushing:
  • Natihilator
    Options
    I pose in front of the mirror a lot. I still can't get used to the fact that's me! And I'm only about half way to goal. And sometimes I just stand there and stare at my face because now that a lot of fat is gone from my face I almost think I'm....maybe a little bit pretty! :blushing:

This is what I like to read! :drinker:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I like to pose and rub myself all over... It's nowhere near perfect, but it's the best I've ever felt on me :laugh:
  • Natihilator
    Options
    bumping this, just 'cause
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I just wish I had a booty to check out!
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    for me in the short time i have really been serious, i feel myself....wrists, elbows ( I can feel them or wrap my fingers around my wrist). I rub my thighs....there is less there I can tell....

No one else can really tell (at least by the lack of comments) but I can tell and they are my little victories that no one can take away from me....;)
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Last nite hubby and i had a " look how much bigger my bicers are" competition.
    I think i win, cos mine are twice as big as they were while his were always huge.

As we dont have mirrors at home, whenever im in the bathroom at work i check out my new *kitten* with a glute squeeze.
    :blushing:
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I love my muscles :love:
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I tried to check out your assets to determine if you should or not but no pics to make my determination:tongue:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I did that on the man this morning. Oops, was that TMI?
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I just asked my husband the other day, "Have you seen my @ss lately? It's looking GOOD...... and higher." This is no joke....actually asked him that.

Yep, loving what lifting is doing to my backside. I might be touching my butt right now. :blushing:

On another note, why do women have to specify "heavy"? I never hear the guys saying that they are "heavy" lifting! I lift. Heavy. Period.