How many burnt calories make a great workout?

13»

Replies

• Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    When you said "burnt calories" I thought you meant burnt dinners. Do calories in burnt meals count? :laugh:
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    I gotcha. I'm really strapped for time during the week so I try to get as high a calorie burn as I can in like 30 minutes, which is usually around 300-350. As long as I'm huffing and puffing and dripping with sweat for a while I feel like I got a good workout. During the weekends I have more time so I try to go for 600-700 and add more variety.

^^^^^^ This is me too!^^^ I started at a goal of 300 and now its 400
  • gregarybrown72
    gregarybrown72 Posts: 25 Member
    Do whatever keeps you inspired. When i'm feeling good and have 2-3 hours , I try to burn 2000-2500. but when i have only 45 minutes then 500-600 is a great goal.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    My calorie burn is what motivates me when I work out, so I prefer to count mine and I don't see anything wrong with using calories as a guide at the gym.

A "great workout" depends on the type of exercise you're doing and what your weight is. For example a 250 pound person would burn more calories than a 120 pound person would doing the same 30 minute exercise. So calories are not the final decision maker as to whether you had a great workout or not, but knowing helps. We just can't tell you what your number is because that's up to you.