Is this going to help me shred fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    At 5'2 and 105 lbs, it sounds like you have a body composition issue.

Exercise can help create a deficit and aerobic activity utilizes fat for fuel. However, exercise is not necessary for fat loss. In the end, its your caloric intake vs daily energy expenditure that matters most. As long as you are eating less energy in the form of calories relative to your day's energy demands, you use fat as fuel and, hence, reduce fat mass.

You don't need weights either. There are many resources online with body weight exercises which can provide sufficient strength-training benefits.

Again, fat loss is mostly about your caloric intake. Strength-training will help minimize loss of lean body mass and some cardio can be done to maintain stroke volume if that's important to you or if you really enjoy aerobic activities.

What he said. I'm close to the OP's size and do plenty of body weight exercises and still eat loads of food but remain thin. OP, look at youtube for body weight exercises. :)
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    Strength train.

Ah I know I am so naive but does that mean lifting weights?? I don't have money to go to the gym and lift weights...

there is gyms which start from 10 $ a month and the most expensive i saw was 50 $

so im sure u can spare 10 $ somewhere right?!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to have fat. You are still developing and growing. Just because you can vote and join the military doesn't mean you are done developing. Plus you are female, females need fat to be healthy enough to grow children. We must have a little excess, men on the other hand only have to carry around small sacks of half children that they never need to feed.
    Your an inspiration for her and all of us, keep it up, or take a nap.:smile:
  • ARHx0
    ARHx0 Posts: 32
    Options
    Push ups, sits ups, squats, etc.

Look up videos on youtube for "toning".

The Tone It Up girls have a bunch of videos
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Check out this site for a great body weight strength training program you can do at home: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
  • jade_131
    jade_131 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Push ups, sits ups, squats, etc.

Look up videos on youtube for "toning".

The Tone It Up girls have a bunch of videos

I do blogilates is that okay? I always do the Call Me Maybe Squat Challenge and Abs all Night ^__^
    Wait but the thing is I want to shred fat first...I heard that cardio burns lots of calories and strength training tones and burns some calories
    I heard you can't spot reduce, too.
    It's weird that no one is really answering it? IS this okay to burn fat all over??
  • jade_131
    jade_131 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to have fat. You are still developing and growing. Just because you can vote and join the military doesn't mean you are done developing. Plus you are female, females need fat to be healthy enough to grow children. We must have a little excess, men on the other hand only have to carry around small sacks of half children that they never need to feed.
    Your an inspiration for her and all of us, keep it up, or take a nap.:smile:

Okay all I want is to look good this summer. Everyone's making this seem so difficult..... -_____-