Cardio 2x25mins a day-morning and afternoon

Options
Hi,

I ride into and from work each day as it is gives me exercise rather than sitting on the bus to/from work. I ride each of the 25 mins pretty hard and my heart rate would be between 140bpm and 160bpm the whole way. Recently I was thinking is this actually better than doing one 50min cardio session each day since to me the morning ride in kick starts my metabolism for the day, and the ride back home at night boosts it over night.
What do you think?

Cheers,

Tony

Replies

• maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    i guess you are doing a great job and keep doing it
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,024 Member
    Options
    The EPOC effect for aerobic exercise isn't that much really, it's not really that much for weight training either but if you enjoy riding as opposed to the gym then go for it, I know I would prefer that over something indoors. Don't over think, it's a lifelong journey.l
  • maqsmj
    Options
    changing his life style to an active one can NOT be bad for him in any way

weight lifting is good , but having an active life is way better at the moment until he feels he has time to go and lift weight

i think he is doing great and must stick with it

im not sure if he or she
  • shiohashi
    Options
    he or she is a he

thanks for the replies folks. i have been ridding to work like i describe above for about 1.5years, so this exercise is not a new thing. what is new is the fact that i have been watching my calore intake each day with myfitnesspal. i am down 18kg from 116kg to 98kg in that time and have gone from an XXL to a L, and jeans from 40 to 36

i was basically just eating too much, i plan to go down to the low 80's. but i am not quite sure where, i have been big for so long, it is a change mentally to be small so it might be better psychologically for me to be at 85 rather than 80

cheers,

tony
  • maqsmj
    Options
    good job man, i used to be around 125 kg and now im in 90'stoo and heading for the 80's