cardio

Options
I've been doing well going to the gym and lifting weights but I have a hard time doing cardio. It's just hard to find something that I like doing. Does anyone have ideas on what can do to actually start being excited to do some cardio?

Replies

• FightingforFit82
    Options
    No ideas. Sorry :( I loath Cardio. Only thing that I enjoy is Zumba or Kickboxing
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It's all about finding something you enjoy. For me it's boxing, either on your own with a heavy bag or a friend where you do some pad work.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you dont have to do cardio if you dont want to, or dont like it
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    What have you tried so far that's making you ask this?
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I've been doing well going to the gym and lifting weights but I have a hard time doing cardio. It's just hard to find something that I like doing. Does anyone have ideas on what can do to actually start being excited to do some cardio?
    During my contest prep, I watched movies on my iphone.
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    I actually quite like the rowing machine - it is one where I can push myself quite a bit and am completely knackered after a short time. Same goes with the treadmill. Really depending on what you want to do, if you don't like doing it but need it to warm up - suck it up and use either of those two.. If you want to do some cardiovascular exercise, find something that you enjoy and can do longer. How about swimming? Or outdoor cycling? Have you tried spinning?
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    find an incredibly attractive woman and make her scream, know what im sayin? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • teneh
    teneh Posts: 39
    Options
    Skipping, tennis, swimming
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If you hate it that much you don't HAVE to do it. It helps for cardiovascular health and fitness but if you get this elsewhere in your life from things that are not traditional cardio, then I don't see it as a problem.

If you still want to do it, I find that I'm usually alright to do it, if I have music blasting and I can sing along. In this case, a cardio machine at home rather than the gym would probably be better.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Cardio isn't really necessary IMO. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and keep lifting, don't have to hump the elliptical if you don't want to!

I don't do any focused cardio. In summer I do a lot of bodyboarding and kayaking, and I walk most places year round. Other than that I've no interest in cardio.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You could try this. When lifting weights keep your rest times in between sets to less than 60 secs. If your weights are heavy enough you will find yourself sweating, heart racing like crazy by the 2nd set. Its the same reaction you get from sprinting on a treadmill, though you are lifting at the same time, lifting is fun :smile: