Oh my! My first NSV

Options
About 3 months ago a lady at lunch asked if I was pregnat, although extremely rude I've been asked this many times bc I tend to gain most of my weight in my belly, this lady was different though because when I said no just too much fun in college, she continued to be like, " oh hunny you must be joking, how far along are you?" ....she became my mortal enemy. BUT today she came up to me and apologized, said she can really tell I'm working out hard and that i'm looking "fabulous" I know I shouldn't hold this lady's opinion very high, but it felt good to have her plus the other ladies at work notice that I'm looking slimmer :)

Replies

• Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    omg, how rude!!!! but. congrats on your work being noticed! i am appalled by that lady though..
  • lirr10185
    lirr10185 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I carry my weight in my belly as well so I have had people ask me the same thing. After I had my daughter I actually had my Grandma ask me if they got all the babies out of there and if I was sure it wasn't twins. The other day though, she said "Wow, it looks like you are starting to get your shape back, good for you". So I know how big of a NSV your story is. We shouldn't even give it a second thought but comments like that hurt.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! That was very rude of her to say! I'm so glad she apologized and congratulated you on your weight loss! You're doing a great job! She can just shove it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!