Big Losers, I have a question for you.

Carleybby
Carleybby Posts: 158
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I've never been at a healthy weight, even as a kid.
I was always a big girl.

So I have a question...

How does it feel, like do you notice a difference...?

Even from, sitting on the couch, does it feel different not having fat around you, is it comfy?

Replies

• 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    It feels fabulous! Like I'm thirty years younger!
  • It's so nice not to sweat all the time and walk around with my thighs rubbing together like a fire is about to start.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    There's a lot to it, different stuff. Hard to describe, and a lot of it is subtle. You don't really feel that differently because it happens slowly, but then one day you look around and you're doing something you never thought you'd do.

Example - we live in Ohio. It snows here. In the past I just kind'a put up with it, hid in the house, shoveled enough to get the vehicles in and out. That was it, I didn't do any more than that, just didn't want to. Well - - - this year I'm way lighter and healthier, and I feel great. When I take the dogs out, I grab my snow shovel and just hit it. 'fore I know it I've been out there 1/2 hour and the whole place is done and the dogs are looking me like "Hey buttmonkey, it's &$%in' cold out here!" My walks and driveway and the neighbor's place and all, shoveled off every time it's snowed this year.

I'm not even trying, I don't mind. It's just fun and easy and I feel like doing it. And that's the biggest difference. I easily have 3x the energy to do things that I had before.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I'm freezing! Like a walrus without his blubber,,, just cold! No biggie, put on more clothes. It is SO worth it!
  • Thanks for the replies.

Looking forward about the thighs.

also with the cold, and you big woman out there will all know this.
    Being able to get the jacket you want and it fitting.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    I noticed last year when we drove to Florida (from NC) that I was able to curl up in the back seat with DH no problem. :tongue: Sounds silly but I remember thinking "How am I fitting on this seat?!"
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    I went to a party this past weekend and forgot my sweater in the car (not that that would have been warm enough) and I asked the host if he had a jacket that I could borrow. Well I put it on and it fit...wasn't even tight. 65 pounds ago that jacket wouldn't have fit and I would have been SOL. Knowing that your smaller and most clothes will fit you is an experience I have never experienced until last weekend and it felt so wonderful.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    The most astonishing place I noticed a difference was on a plane. So much more comfortable to fly when you're not squished into the seat.

But for something everyday, it's clothes shopping... now trying on clothes doesn't feel like an emotional marathon.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    But for something everyday, it's clothes shopping... now trying on clothes doesn't feel like an emotional marathon.
    So true!
  • At first it was strange to me. I had a hard time convincing my mind I was over 100 pounds lighter. I looked at narrow door ways and would still turn to the side to walk through them. Now it feels like I am new person. Not just beause the weight is gone but because I have so much more energy! I also teared up the day I could go the store and but regular clothes and not plus size. I had always hated clothes shopping it was so depressing, but now I love being able to wear the styles I want.

Oh I can also ride the roller coasters at six flags in comfort. One year in high school I had to get off the ride because the safety harness would not buckle:blushing: . That was embarassing to say the least.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    This is a good thread...I often wonder how it would feel to be thin, and what the differences would be. I'm never comfy, so I can't imagine what that must feel like.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    do you know what I notice the most? sleeping, laying in bed, rolling over, it is all done so effortlessly now, and once in a great while, I remember how difficult it use to be.
    Having S E X is sooo much better.

Sitting in the car , there is a ton of space between me and the steering wheel now.

I can sit cross legged on chairs at work

I fit into a tiny corner on the couch.

I feel so much better than I ever thought possible!
  • Tamishumate
    OHHHH,
    if something drops on the floor, I PICK IT UP NOW! I use to leave it , wait for someone else to get it. I didnt want to bend over cause it was such effort..

I am addicted to buying panties.. lol still trying to find one that I love!
  • Tamishumate
    OHHHH,
    if something drops on the floor, I PICK IT UP NOW! I use to leave it , wait for someone else to get it. I didnt want to bend over cause it was such effort..

I am addicted to buying panties.. lol still trying to find one that I love!
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    I am alive now!!! I joined the living and found that it is fun!!! I was atthe movies last night and I fit in the seat, it was awesome!!!! I haven't been to the movies since I weighed well over 300#!! It was such a nice surprise!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    I think you'd really like this thread if you haven't seen it yet: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/62344-you-know-your-losing-weight-when

LOVE it, I check with it every day almost. We will both get there and know how it feels. Great idea for a thread!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    i've started sitting in booths at restaurants again, not automatically asking the hostess to seat us at a table, please.:bigsmile:

i've also noticed the steering wheel distance, and greater willingness to pick things up or make that extra trip across the house to fetch something (can't wait for the next plane flight- i hated being the person everyone saw coming and cringed "oh, please don't let that huge person sit next to me":embarassed: )

oh, and i had gradually given up sitting with my knees together, it was way too uncomfortable. :laugh: Funny, i noticed my legs are back together again, and i'm not quite sure when it happened, LOL.

and the best part is, since i'm not done yet it will only get better. can't wait to find the next big discovery of the fun of being thinner. -katie
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    I was always a very heavy kid....even at birth lol (10.9lbs)

Sometimes I feel great, but sometimes I still feel like the fat kid

Now I don't have to worry about a chair breaking under me, fitting in booths, going clothes shopping in hopes that I can find ANYTHING in my size. Its a big weight off my shoulders not worrying about this stuff.....literally lol
This discussion has been closed.