Last 10lbs Group - GTKY

Options

Replies

• Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Room for 1 more?

So here's my story... (Loved reading all of yours) :heart:. Never was a skinny kid. At 5' 5'' since 8th grade, I left high school around 140 and pretty much stuck close to that thru marriage and 5 kids. (well maybe closer to 145:wink: ) Made a move to the Midwest from Cali about 6 years ago and must have hit a metabolic slow-down and and a more sedentary life-style around the same time! My eye-opener :noway: came last year in April. With our two oldest daughter's planning weddings (July and November ) I was spending more time in front of mirrors and seeing what I had been ignoring - my weight was up to 160!

Found MFP when looking for a place to log calories.. I was able to lose 17lbs. by our oldest daughter nuptials and took off another 4 by wedding II in November. Kind of have stuck there since. I still have the goal of staying under 135 but haven't been seeing a lot of change. Just in the last couple weeks I have gotten back to logging calories and have set a goal to exercise at least 4 days a week. I am trying to take off about 1/2 lb a week. We travel quite a bit and I like food, especially the healthy kind. I love sharing meals with the family and living a "normal" life-style so i am in no rush, but i DO want to keep seeing a downward trend, I'm hoping this plan will move me into a life maintenance mode. I will be curious if 1,600 calories will still have me losing slowly! And oh,:bigsmile: I am for the first time since college doing a bit of running. I'm actually liking it in small does but would like to work my way up to running 3 miles in under 30 minutes.

Quick vitals Me 48 (Yikes!!) SAHM lots of school/church/ family activity
    Hubby 49 - Farmer ( keep everyone hoppin'!)
    daughter J - 25 married July
    Daughter M - 22 married Nov.
    Son - R 20 - living close to home
    Daughter 18 - Senior in HS
    Son 15 - Soph in HS

Sorry for all the oo (double "O") info... gonna try to stick to the program from here on out! Lookin' forward to workin' off these last pounds with you all!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Kathleen and Friday weigh in.

I was 140 when I got married 15 years ago. Weight went up to maximum of 160. I had three boys and then decided I wanted to get back to my pre-marriage weight so I joined MFP. At that time, I was at 150. I am now at 135 but decided I really want to be at 130 and have been trying to get from 135 to 130 for about 4 months with no success. I will lose a couple then gain it back. It definitely gets harder as you approach your goal weight. I just doesn't come off as easily so hopefully this can help motivate me!!
  • lose2cruise
    Options
    This is gonna be a great thread, I can tell!!! Woohoo!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Krista here.......

I've always been between 130-135 which is a comfortable weight for me at 5'7 and then in my late 20's my metabolism said *kitten* YOU and took a dive. I got down to 139 for my boyfriends birthday pool party last year and was ok with that. Then I fell off the wagon. :grumble:

It didn't help that we moved in together and his late night snacking and happy hour habit became OURS. :sad:

Sooooo.....another birthday pool party coming in May so I have to get ready for that.

I've started the C25K program and I :heart: it. I'm planning on running the 5K they have at Disneyland in September.
  • ATXrunner
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm Kristi, I moved to Munich, Germany about 7 months ago, just 10 days after getting married. Many of my married friends said that they gained the "newlywed 9" within a year of tying the knot... I hated the idea "letting myself go" just because I wasn't single anymore, so I set out to LOSE 9lbs instead. Today, I am within 2lbs of my goal!

I feel great but still have some weight I'd like to lose. I don't use a scale (messes with my head), so I am trying to go by how my clothes fit. (I try on my coveted "skinny pants" every other Thursday.) I am still overweight according to my BMI (26.1), but I pack a lot of muscle on this 5'2" frame. After many years as a gymnast/dancer, I still tend to build bulky muscles. I was also diagnosed as hypothyroid about a year ago, which makes weight loss even more difficult. :frown:

So my question to you girls is how to get an idea of a realistic goal weight, especially for someone with an athletic build. I run 25-30 miles per week on top of strength training/cardio (I love Jillian Michaels!) and eat well but my progress has ground to a halt. Anyone else dealing with a plateau?
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    So my question to you girls is how to get an idea of a realistic goal weight, especially for someone with an athletic build. I run 25-30 miles per week on top of strength training/cardio (I love Jillian Michaels!) and eat well but my progress has ground to a halt. Anyone else dealing with a plateau?

I'm not really sure how to set a realistic goal weight. I figure if its in the "range" for your height than your ok. I've set a body fat % goal though. I am currently at 26% and I'd like to get down to 24%. I'm not muscular at all and I'm not interested in being under 20% - so 24% should do.

Also, about the plateau... I haven't really experienced a full on plateau yet. But I would suggest playing with your macro-nutrients (carbs, fat, protein, etc). I recently set mine to 40%, 30%, 30% (carbs, fat, protein) within MFP and do my best to meet those percents daily. Just a thought.
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I consider myself pretty computer savy, but I just wanted to ask.... Is there a way for me to know if our group has posted anything without have to 'search' in the message boards all the time?

I just want to make sure that I don't miss anything. : )

Thanks!!

I wish they had a notification system where you could subscribe to a thread and they would update you with new posts...unfortunately this site doesn't. The best way I have found is to just click on "my topics" at the top and then scroll up to the last post I read and work my way down...not the greatest system...but it works I guess. HTH :flowerforyou:
  • SarahJoy_79
    Options
    So it's Thursday...weigh in day for most of us.

I'm not so thrilled....I went up a pound :sad:

Last week: 134
    This week: 135

I sorta figured that was going to happen. It's TOM for me and I didn't eat exactly great over Valentines weekend. Oh well, I'm back on track and ready to kick some butt this week and get a better number next Thursday!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    Just a quick check in since I have to be at work early today. I'll come back on a little later to catch up on posts.

Down 1lb this week. Now at 138lbs.
  • girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I consider myself pretty computer savy, but I just wanted to ask.... Is there a way for me to know if our group has posted anything without have to 'search' in the message boards all the time?

I just want to make sure that I don't miss anything. : )

Thanks!!

I wish they had a notification system where you could subscribe to a thread and they would update you with new posts...unfortunately this site doesn't. The best way I have found is to just click on "my topics" at the top and then scroll up to the last post I read and work my way down...not the greatest system...but it works I guess. HTH :flowerforyou:

I totally agree!! That would be so nice, but I guess a little leg work to find our group isn't too bad considering. : )
  • lizzie84
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lizz. I was always really thin (people used to call me Skeletor in high school) and then I had a baby and I've been struggling ever since. I'm down to my last 10 lbs and have been working on it for monthes with no change in my weight but I am fitting in pants I haven't been able to fit in since the beginning of my pregnancy- that sounded weird...I went from a size 3 to a 13 and am back down to a 8. I am comfortable in an 8 but would like to firm up alot.
  • lose2cruise
    Options
    Morning ladies! Good luck to the ones with WI today. I weigh in on Monday, but I may change as I usually don't do very well on the weekends. I used to WI on Fridays and I think I'm going to switch back to that.

I'm still down on the scale today. Hoping just to keep off what I've lost since starting back.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    congrats to all of you who's scale gave you good news today!!! I may change my weigh in day to match you Thursday girls! I already ate breakfast so it's too late for me today!
  • gym_rat
    Options
    Last week: 160.2lbs
    This week: 158.0lbs

Next weeks goal: 157.0lbs
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Is there a specific weigh in day for this? My "official" weigh in is usually reported on Mondays.

Not a good day with eating out and going to circus and no time for exercise yesterday--back at it today
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I will usually weigh in Friday but we fly out early for my dad's birthday tomorrow so I'm posting today. The good news is i took off my Atlantis Bahama pounds (2) So I'm back to my mid-January weight :flowerforyou: for me!

The really exciting part is I am learning that I can lose gradually keeping my cals @ 1600! (I have been eating my exercise calories.) :drinker: I can live with this for awhile!

So ...Thursday weight is138
    Last week 139
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join?
    I'm down to the last 10...I have been down to the last 7 but I'm having a really hard time. I find I'm racing myself to get to the finish line...and I'm terrified of the finish line. I lost 50 lbs in my early 20's and it was all back on my the time I delivered my first child at age 28...then I had my second at 29 and the weight kept going up. I want to be healthy for my kids not skinny. I do not want to get as thin as I did in my 20's (119 lbs) so I set my goal at a resonable weight (130) which I will hit but I'm terrified at keeping it off. I'm meeting with a nutritionalist in March or April to help with maintenance ideas but I'd love to join a group that is down the last 10 and approaching maintenance.

OH - Maybe I should introduce myself. I'm Kathy, 33 years old, mom of two, work 4 days a week and have been a member of MFP since late June 2009. I weigh on Wednesdays :smile:
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! to everyone who weighed in today. My weigh in day is Friday, but I'm not expecting much this week. It's been a BAD week for cravings, and my will power is out the window :noway: . But today is a new day, and I've planned my menu so maybe today will be better (as long as no one brings me strawberry cake...mmmmm). Hope everyone has a great day!:smile:
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join?
    I'm down to the last 10...I have been down to the last 7 but I'm having a really hard time. I find I'm racing myself to get to the finish line...and I'm terrified of the finish line. I lost 50 lbs in my early 20's and it was all back on my the time I delivered my first child at age 28...then I had my second at 29 and the weight kept going up. I want to be healthy for my kids not skinny. I do not want to get as thin as I did in my 20's (119 lbs) so I set my goal at a resonable weight (130) which I will hit but I'm terrified at keeping it off. I'm meeting with a nutritionalist in March or April to help with maintenance ideas but I'd love to join a group that is down the last 10 and approaching maintenance.

OH - Maybe I should introduce myself. I'm Kathy, 33 years old, mom of two, work 4 days a week and have been a member of MFP since late June 2009. I weigh on Wednesdays :smile:

Oh yeah, and welcome!! These last 10ish pounds are killing me!!!
  • SarahJoy_79
    Options
    Am I too late to join?

Welcome aboard! It's never to late to join :smile: