When to Eat Breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I think its recommended that you eat within a hour of waking up--it's called "break-fast" for a reason...gotta wake up that metabolism! Obviously everyone is different but I think that if you wait/don't eat, you could run the risk of overeating later. JMP though. I run 8 miles in the morning so I have to eat within 45 minutes of that other wise I pretty much pass out.

Nah...you can break your fast at any time.
    Meal frequency does not wake up, stoke, or rev metabolism.

In my case I have coffee, and like to have more calories for later in the day.
    Whatever works for you.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Truth.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I try to eat breakfast some time between waking up and lunch
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    7:26 am, PST. All other times proven to be suboptimal

Science, suckers.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "the right time" to eat.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    7:26 am, PST. All other times proven to be suboptimal

Science, suckers.

sciences.jpg
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Truth.
    Definite truth. Eat whenever you want, in as many (or as few) meals as you want, kjust hit the proper number of calories and nutrients for your goals. It is 100% personal preference.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    When you're hungry?

There's really no set time that you "should" eat breakfast.
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I lost 147lbs eating this one specific food at a specific time, sign up for my newsletter and found out how you too can shed pounds fast and effortlessly with my proven scientific method endorsed by some of the world's most successful fitness models!
  • sarahxx68
    Options
    I think its recommended that you eat within a hour of waking up--it's called "break-fast" for a reason...gotta wake up that metabolism! Obviously everyone is different but I think that if you wait/don't eat, you could run the risk of overeating later. JMP though. I run 8 miles in the morning so I have to eat within 45 minutes of that other wise I pretty much pass out.

Nah...you can break your fast at any time.

In my case I have coffee, and like to have more calories for later in the day.
    Whatever works for you.

Thank you for an actual answer. =)
  • rachaelbmh
    Options
    I don't know if there's a hard and fast rule for this. I eat within about an hour of waking, but mainly because that's when I'm hungry. What's the difference of an hour, really? Just be sure you're getting a good quality breakfast and timing shouldn't really matter.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    20-30g of protein within 30-60minutes of getting up.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    What is the correct time to eat breakfast if I wake up at 6am and catch a plane that is travelling west at 7am and will lose 4hrs in time zone changes. The plane trip is 5.5hrs. I heard I need to eat within an hour of waking up but I'm unsure about the timezone changes. Thanks in advance.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I personally only eat breakfast because I workout at 4:30 am. My breaks is water and protein powder. Otherwise I'd skip it and wait until lunch.