Been here and done this...before

Options
Being depressed over the loss of a child growing inside of you can really cause the scale to go up, if not eating is how you go about it. That is exactly what happened to me. I had lost 15 lbs but then we lost the baby I was carrying and now, I feel very alone and this is going to be a massive uphill battle. Anytime I think about even starting over it makes me want to not eat all, once again, and with the thyroid issues I have that completely shuts down my metabolism so even getting started is going to be a challenge.

I decided to come back to MFP because I have always gotten great feedback and found wonderful people on this site. The inspirations and the support are phenomenal!! I am hoping that it will be this way again.

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I just want to reach out and give you a cyber hug. I haven't lost a child but I have suffered devastating losses. I even lost over 100 pounds a few years ago, was part of a featured article in Prevention Magazine and I gained it all back! It was depressing and I felt like a failure. I too have thyroid issues. I picked myself up, dusted myself off and knew the only person that could help me was me. I joined MFP and stayed the course. By my one year anniversary on here I've lost 110 pounds and I've not keep it off for a year.

You're more than welcome to add me as a friend.
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find the help you need to lose weight here - again.
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    so sorry about your loss i cant begin to imagine the pain you have and will go through ...((((HUGS)))) feel free to add me as a friend i love new Buddies)

Ciara
    xxx
  • ambers80
    ambers80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry for your loss. I know what you're going through. I've been there. (((hugs))) I hope you find the strength to get through this...
  • MissyAZjourney
    MissyAZjourney Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that you are feeling so alone. I too experienced 2 losses. My first child was born 3 weeks early with severely underdeveloped lungs back in 1989. they didn't have the steroid shots they have now for these circumstances. she struggled to live for 10 days and I lost her. It put me in a very deep dark place for many years. The next year i suffered a miscarriage at about 9 weeks. I understand your paid to my core. I am so sorry and it will take time for you to heal. I didn't deal with not wanting to eat...as I always deal with the opposite under stress...shoving food down to numb the pain. Well it numbed it...all the way up to 318 pounds.

I dont have any magic words that will make it go away. I hope your husband is loving and supporting and gives you lots of hugs when needed. If you ever need to talk just send me a message and I'll try to help any way I can. You are in my thoughts.

melissa