Is Christmas going to be a free day for you?

Options

Replies

• cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Free day, with moderation!

I will have what I want, but I will not load 2-3 servings on my plate!
  • WillardsMommy1
    Options
    I will be taking the whole week off from trying to lose as I'll be in New York & not in the convenience of my own home making my own meals.

They at least have a treadmill so I'm going to still try & do my 45 mins of exericse & then eat at maintenance.

Xmas eve & day I will probably try to not eat much of anything & down minimum three bottles of wine. (not per day...I'm only BORDERLINE alkie)
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'll log in - to keep my counter going, wish everyone a happy Christmas and then do some seriously well deserved nommage. One day in a year is not going to hurt... oh I will have eggnog on Christmas Eve also :D
  • Honey_bearz
    Options
    Morning Jog as usual but food wise I will just try not to binge too much on chocolate. Christmas dinner will be full on though.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My mantra is going to be "Most people don't get fat between Christmas and New Year - they get fat between New Year and Christmas".

So I am going to enjoy the holidays and the food and the drink and log everything as much as possible and I am not going to stress going over my daily goal. I will try and be as active as possible by taking doggy for a long walk every day (hopefully in the snow) and enjoy the time off work and with family. Once back home I will go back to my eating habits and give myself a few days before facing the scales and get on with my life :-)
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    yep for one meal but not a free-for-all because I've worked too hard this last two months!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I always try to log my day s best I can. It's just habit now. I've tried skipping it on holidays or birthdays, but I just can't do it! :tongue: My name is Amy, and I'm addicted to logging at MFP. Haha.

But I won't worry about going over for the day - it's a holiday and I will enjoy all the goodies. But I will also avoid overeating because I hate that bloated, overstuffed feeling! I will remember the lesson I learned at Thanksgiving - take a look at ALL the foods before you start dishing up. I did take smaller portions as I filled my plate, but there were so MANY foods, that even with smaller portions of each I had taken way too much! :bigsmile:
  • CarlaC78
    Options
    Hell Yeah!

I am not logging Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or Boxing Day :O I will get straight back to it again the day after and not feel guilty at all :D
  • tnloser1970
    Options
    I am going to do like I did at Thanksgiving. It is not a completely free day. But, it will be free-er. Since I making most of the meal for my family and taking it to my parents, I know how many calories is in what I am bringing. So, I plan out my day before I even go. I do allow myself one piece of pie or cake or something. The reason I am being cautious though is that I am afraid it will trigger me to continue eating bad.
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not really going to treat it as a "FREE" day, but really going to try to watch my portions and not "overdo" it. If it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound, my goal is to stay under 3500 for the day. Plus, I will be sure to get in a great workout and burn up as much as I can any day that I know food and treats will be in abundance during the holiday. I will definitely continue to log in my food, but it will be hard for some choices. Do we really know how many calories are in some of those cookies and goodies we'll be eating?! The best guess will have to do!
  • vicktoria339
    Options
    Hey all, my xmas will totally be free - try and keep me away from that chocolate and mince pies!!! Not too worried, 1 or 2 days cant do that much damage and im in work on new years so it will all balance out (hopefully!) jus tryna be good up until xmas eve (ish) to make sure i fit into the dress i bought for xmas day! :-D
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's just one day, not going to gain back everything I lost in one day. Besides it's only me and my SO makes it much, much easier then trying to battle a whole family determined that unless your being rolled from room to room you must eat more :laugh:
  • Slimwish1386
    Options
    I've been working with my family on changing the lifestyle of bad food to healthy food. We discussed things for the holidays and instead of stuffing our faces with the usual galore of fatty starchy foods and desserts, we agreed on a sensible yet tasty alternative. We are going to have a seafood night on Christmas Eve (also my mom's birthday). And a strawberry shortcake. On Christmas day, we decided to do a wide array of grilled vegetables, skewers, and lean grilled steak, grilled shrimp, and chicken breast marinated lightly with zesty seasonings instead of fatty, thickened BBQ sauces. We will have only one or two desserts opposed to the usual 10 lol. I love seafood and grilled anything so I'm excited.
  • RAURARIKES
    Options
    no. im just gonna drink coffee and water, then have a big dinner (which should be under 1200 since i wont eat pie/bread etc)
  • olliethecat
    olliethecat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will have a little of everything, but I will also be logging just for curiosity, and then straight back to it on Boxing Day :smile:
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    I'm going to wake up, run 10k and then eat what I like all day. Should minimise the damage and it is only 1 day after all!

That's pretty much my exact plan as well. It's what I did on Thanksgiving and that worked out fine. :D I have a breakfast and a dinner to go to on Christmas day. Sometime between the two events I plan to get at least an hour of running in there. I still plan on moderation and smart eating (I realized that the rich and often highly processed foods, like those on thanksgiving don't leave me feeling so great the next day if I eat too much).
  • shelbysp8
    shelbysp8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Umm YES! It's a holiday that comes ONCE a year! I stick with my routine the other days of the year so I feel QUITE safe in having a day to enjoy family and the feast that is provided. Good grief, why the hell do people think they can't enjoy the holiday even if you are working hard to lose - I AM TOO, but damnit if you don't have the discipline to have a free day and get back on track the next day - you are NEVER going to stick with this and keep it up because eventually you are going to miss eating your favorites and miss going out with friends & having what you want which is the VERY reason some people are over weight - dieting and then going back to their favorites! Get over it! It's a holiday - ENJOY it!!!!!
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Not "free" as in pig out and not care, but i'm going to eat what I want in moderation and be sure to log every single bite. If I go over, which i'm sure I will, i'll just work it off over the next couple of days.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I am not going to restrict myself from anything on Christmas day. But i most likely won't eat tons and tons of food like i used to.
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Umm YES! It's a holiday that comes ONCE a year! I stick with my routine the other days of the year so I feel QUITE safe in having a day to enjoy family and the feast that is provided. Good grief, why the hell do people think they can't enjoy the holiday even if you are working hard to lose - I AM TOO, but damnit if you don't have the discipline to have a free day and get back on track the next day - you are NEVER going to stick with this and keep it up because eventually you are going to miss eating your favorites and miss going out with friends & having what you want which is the VERY reason some people are over weight - dieting and then going back to their favorites! Get over it! It's a holiday - ENJOY it!!!!!

WORD