Looking for motivational friends

Options
HI All!

I'm giving MFP another chance after gaining back the weight that I had lost in August. I'm 23 years old and work in the food and hospitality industry. One of my biggest struggles with weight loss seems to be my alcohol consumption, which I'm both embarrassed and ashamed about. I would love to try and drink in moderation at some point but for now may try to cut it out completely.

We also eat out on our days off as a family which is putting strain on our budget as well as on my weight. I need to learn to eat at home more as well as eat better when we do indulge and go out.

Please feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• clizz604
    Options
    I can relate to your story Luzon. I worked for 8 years in the hospitality industry. Everything from hotels to night clubs. When I worked at a bar, I drank every shift. Many of my former co-workers became full blown alcoholics.

The company you keep will be a major factor in your success. If your friends are all eating out and drinking, it will be very hard for you not to join in. Try to gravitate towards people who are leading a healthy lifestyle, this can help you immensely.

Personally, I've cut out alcohol from my social life except for a few planned events. I find it much easier to take a hard line in these things. You can take the same approach with eating out. Circle dates on your calendar and reward yourself with a night out now and then, but avoid going out to eat out of "convenience" or laziness.

My old hobbies: Drinking, Partying, Macking on girls.
    New hobbies: Board games, Sports, Macking on my girlfriend.

Good luck with your goals!