Coffee Creamer!

Options
Hey everyone!

Ok so coffee creamer is my weakness!!!! I hate the sugar free kind and basically each day I am drinking 175 calories of coffee and creamer alone! The creamer I buy is 35 calories per tablespoon. Any suggestions on good substitutes that taste good??

Replies

• classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Only put in one tablespoon?

Or switch to tea.
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    I have 2 cups a day with 30 calories in each cup. I love my coffee so I don't feel too bad devoting 60 of my precious calories a day to it.

I use 3/4 of a tablespoon of baileys non-alcoholic creamer in mine.
  • TallAndSkinny22
    Options
    Drink it black... I didn't like it at first, but once you go about a week you get used to it and start to appreciate the actual taste of coffee!
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up my creamer - I hate the sugar free stuff. I just cut back so I'm only using about 1 TB per cup of coffee, and I try to keep to no more than 2 cups a day. Don't give up the things you love, just work on using them in moderation :)
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I like my coffee to taste rich and I need some sweetness to it. I make my cup for 51 calories. Instead of coffee creamers why not use milk? What I do is I serve myself 1/2 cup of coffee and a mix of 2 milks (1/4 c almond milk and 1/4 c raw organic milk). This mix works for me and I don't feel like I'm sacrificing. For sugar I substitute a mix of eryhtritol and stevia (sorta like Truvia homemade).
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I slowly and steadily reduced the amount of creamer I put in my coffee and I use splenda instead of real sugar. I use one of those pre-packaged creamer things that's only 35 calories (hazelnut) and that works for me. You'll get used to it eventually. I still can't drink coffee black, but I figure an extra 35 calories a day isn't a big deal as long as I'm logging it.
  • meggolego
    Options
    Drink it black... I didn't like it at first, but once you go about a week you get used to it and start to appreciate the actual taste of coffee!

You know what they say...once you go black....

I've been weaning myself off of creamers and sugars. I like black coffee over ice, if it's a flavored coffee. That helped me cut back a lot, it's like free flavoring! Haven't had the balls to drink hot black coffee yet. I know, I live a wild & crazy life.
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff.

Why wreck your coffee experience when you can easily make reductions elsewhere.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Its the one thing I will not give up.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Go and burn 175 calories doing whatever you do to exercise. Decide if those calories are worth it, then figure out what you want to do.
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I use about 2 oz of unsweetned almond milk, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a sprinkle of truvia. About 10 calories.
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like this thinking for anything! (about the burning calories and seeing if its worth it.
  • SignalRunner77
    Options
    Only put in one tablespoon?

This
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I will seriously never give up my creamer or my coffee. I put probably about 160-200 calories in my coffee throughout the day. I count the calories for it and move on. :bigsmile:
  • imfivebyfive
    Options
    Any suggestions on good substitutes that taste good??

I used to use a lot of creamer as well. I switched to 30 cal per cup silk unsweetened almond milk. It's not as sweet tasting but you can use a lot and your coffee will still have that creamy taste.
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Once you get used to the sugar free kind, it's not so bad!
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I live for my morning coffee, so I don't even think of trying to cut out the creamer. My addiction is Vanilla Caramel by Carnation. The International Delight just isn't the same. I can drink it black or with just cream/sugar while I'm out & about, but at home I can't do it.

And like someone said, adjust your daily intake elsewhere.

Coffee is what gets me through the morning somedays!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    The only coffee that I can drink black is Folgers Columbian and I make it pretty weak and use splenda in it. I drink a LOT of coffee and use a LOT of creamer (2-3tbsps per cup). I've used almond milk in mine, but it just isn't the same. I have a lot of flavored coffees and use plain creamer in it (the friendly farms from aldi is 15cals per tbsp). So my flavored coffees are 30-45cals. But the shelf stable mini moos are only 10 cals so a cup with those is only 20-30cals.

But, my weakness is my Island Coconut Coffee. I MUST make it with Almond Joy Creamer. MUST! If I don't have AJ Creamer, I don't drink Island Coconut cofee, Simple as that! I usually use 3tbsp with one of my big 16oz cups. It's a whopping 105 cals! But it is soooooooo worth it!
  • SarahJane139
    SarahJane139 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Buy individual coffee creamers, they make portion control easy. I use 2 Caramel Creamers a days and it's only 60 calories.
  • lindseyrh
    Options
    I love my coffee creamer as well! Here are some suggestions!
    1. Use 1 Tbsp. lite non-dairy powder creamer + 1 Tbsp. flavored creamer
    2. Use only 1 Tbsp. per cup + 1 packet calorie-free sweeterner (splenda, truvia, ect.)
    3. Get a designated Tbsp. measuring spoon and keep it next to your coffee pot. Measure each bit that you put into your coffee.
    4. It takes a week or so, but I went from using about 2 Tbsp/cup to 1 Tbsp/cup, and now I love my coffee that way!
    5. Get some sugar-free flavored syrups like the ones they use at Starbucks. I have found them at TJ Maxx and Home Goods. No calories but you still get the flavor, and it is more concentrated. Add fat-free half and half or lite non-dairy creamer.