going over on the day

Options
So I'm figuring out my calories for dinner and I will still have calories left afterwards but I am going over on the other things....cholesteral, sugars, etc. Now does that matter as long as your calories are under I should still lose weight? what does everyone think?

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you doing go too far over too often. I try not to go over fats, carbs and calories. Sodium is a big one too but i almost always go over that one still... im working on it. I am always over on sugars because it doesn't differenciate between good and bad sugars. This is just my opinion. I don't really know the answer. :ohwell:
  • kingnatalie
    Options
    Technically you should be at or slightly under for each. Since I have started this I have taken the approach of mostly monitoring calories, I pay attention to the other categories, but I always go by my calorie number. And I know if I am over on sodium - I need to drink even more water than 8 glasses per day to flush that sodium out of my body. I use the other categories to help me learn about the foods I am eating, what is high or low in certain areas. That's just my personal preference.