Work-out songs

Options
Does anybody have any good recommendations for some pumped-up music I could download for my ipod? I am about maxed out on the stuff I listen to, and as much as I make playlists, I still have the occasional incredibly s-l-o-w song that comes on which is not optimal for intense work-outs (nothing says calorie burn like Mozart's Requiem....). I would like some rock (indie, alternative, classic) or some variations of pop or R&B for recommendations. If it's tweeny, once on the Disney channel, or overly popular...chances are I'm not into it anyway. What pumps you up or makes you work that much harder when you hear it!?!?

Replies

• polyesterchesters
    polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    black eyed peas!!
  • dmcpage
    dmcpage Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I figured someone would mention them. I suppose I could stand to shake my groove thing to Will.I.am and crew.....thanks for the feedback. :)
  • jensocalgirl
    Options
    Black Eyed Peas, Green Day, Off-Spring, Kid Rock, Fall out Boy, Lady GaGa, Shakira, Ludacris, The Killers, AFI, Timberland, Whitesnake, Pink, Foo Fighters, Weezer, 50 Cent, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, Paramore, Pennywise, Bad Religion, Metallica...

Hopefully this helps!
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    LADY GAGA!!!! :happy:
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    These are my favorite get me pumped songs, they are on all my workout playlists. Somedays I have to rely on Tom Petty to get me through.

Single ladies-Beyonce

Empire State of Mind-Jay Z & A. Keyes

Just Dance-Lady GaGa

1901-Phoenix (my favorite, I often hit repeat)

Best of You-Foo Fighters

Misty Mountain Hop-Led Zeppelin

Where's Your Head At-Basement Jax
  • dietingsucks
    Options
    Google "exercise music podcasts" -- there are several good ones.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hawthorne Heights, Lady Gaga, AFI, Disturbed, Korn, Good Charlotte, Three Days Grace, October Fall (band broke up, but a lot of their music is really catchy) ummm....Ashlee Simpson, Natasha Benningfield
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Try some older Chevelle (for the heavy stuff) and for some reason I love Akon and Rihanna when I am doing cardio. It makes me smile and reminds me of the beach, which in turn reminds me of the fact that I am soon going to have to squeeze into something that will no doubt be tiny! :wink:
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    What gets me pumped and running harder is Disturbed, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park. I do like the others that some of the others suggested, but I change it up.

Hope that helps.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Some songs by P.O.D. I recently put on my ipod. When I heard them on the radio a few years ago, I thought they were kinda corny. On my ipod working out...they are great!

Also a newer one for me is Cascada- Fever. Love that song...
  • polyesterchesters
    polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love POD! I am also a big fan of the Cure while walking. Depeche Mode is good for that too. (am I showing my age?)
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    "it's my life" by bon jovi
    "when i grow up" *****cat dolls
    "cleveland rocks" POTUS
  • hglewis
    Options
    For my money you can't go wrong with Slayer, especially anything off of "Reign in Blood" and/or "South of Heaven". Skid Row, Guns N' Roses and Pantera are worth looking into as well.
  • popplylily
    popplylily Posts: 97
    Options
    haha htis is soo embarrassing to admit.. but i find myself doing best with avril lavignes let go album.....
  • AliciaDee
    AliciaDee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Google "exercise music podcasts" -- there are several good ones.

Thanks for sharing that! About to check it out now.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Anything by Chevelle and Lil Wayne....or maybe some Rage Against the Machine
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    I know this is odd, but I love listening to Prince's (or the artist formerly known as) raspberry berret, dorky, i know, but the beat hits just right when im on the eliptical.

Also Patron Tequila by Paradiso Girls. I know I know, its a song about getting drunk, but its got a pumpin beat. Also MIMS, move.
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    I listen to alot of the current hip hop stuff, but I have my "get my butt moving" playlist that includes Footloose, Grease Lightening, a ton of Madonna and Janet Jackson (old stuff), and ABBA lol Its a playlist guarenteed to make me giggle at the sheer nerd-dom of it, but it makes me move
  • AlexaRae12
    Options
    Rihanna!!!! Great girl power songs!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    For lifting weights I like:

My Chick Bad by Ludacris
    Never Scared
    Crank That

There is a running music list in the MFP thread that you can search.