What's up with the bros doing half-lifts

Options
2»

Replies

• vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what other people are doing in the gym? Or do you just like watching men workout?

LOL!
  • kairisika
    kairisika Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    What is the point of this other than to load the bar down with a lot of weight and make it look like you can lift a lot?
    Nothing else. You got it.
    I unfortunately go to the gym at a university. It's 80% these folks.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Ronnie Coleman is a dumbass and knows nothing about lifting...(joking off youtube vids where he does bench in a specific ROM with weights that I can't squat).

Ronnie Coleman is awesome. But show me one of the fools that this thread is referring to that looks like Ronnie Coleman and I'll show you my limited edition Ferrari that I magically afford with a 5-digit salary. LOL
    Might be working on lockout strength. I think advanced guys usually do that with power rack lockouts though

Again, you can tell the difference between a smart lifter that's doing floor or pin presses (for instance) and some guy that wants to throw heavy weight around.

I personally only care when that clueless person is taking up a rack that I would like to use or is shooting me hard looks for no good reason.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    From what I see in the gym it's about 90% fail and 10% intentional ROM work.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    From what I see in the gym it's about 90% fail and 10% intentional ROM work.

^^