How to exercise without injury?

Options
I am 67 and have arthritis in most of my major joints. I have been on my weigh-loss journey for over 2 years, and have done well. Just recently joined mfp for more motivation. I do exeercise almost every day, and my newest is water aerobics, which I have been doing 3 times a week. It seems very easy on the joints, but recently i have noticed new pains which actually interfere with sleep-shoulder/elbow for instance. I don't want to stop exercising, but I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for how to keep moving without injuring myself. Thanks.

Replies

• jallison12
    Options
    whe I saw your post I was going to reply water based workout, but you are doing that already! I twinged my lower back about 18 months ago and the only thing I could do was walking. But I went out every night (with the dog - he keeps me honest and doesn't let me take a day off, rain or shine) and loved it. You can go as far, as fast as you are comfortable with. I used to listen to music, but for a while now I listen to audio books. For full disclosure, I did actually injure myself though - I stubbed my toe on a raised paving stone and rehurt my back a little once. Good luck, be careful.