I'm really craving PIZZA....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Tortilla pizza!!! My go-to lunch when I'm having a pizza craving! I use homestyle whole wheat tortillas that have TONS of fiber, and a low glycemic index... I generally make a greek pizza... spread with a little hummus, top with fresh spinach, grilled chicken and goat cheese. sprinkle with some salt free greek seasoning, capers and extra virgin olive oil, bake until the tortilla is crispy... YUM! Of course you can always do a more traditional tortilla pizza... just measure out your ingredients.
  • SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would suggest searching the internet for a healthy recipe and take the time to make your own. Purchase all of the ingredients that are low in fat.

Taking the time and energy to actually go out and do all of this may even help you through your craving, I also suggest drinking a glass of water before your meal. :)
  • kuppykake1
    Options
    That looks so yummy; recipe please.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Eat the pizza.

I find that California Kitchen & Digiorno have some very good, lower calorie frozen pizzas....................I can eat 1/3 of a pizza for under 400 calories! Check the boxes in your local grocery store - you might be surprised!
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If you have really been sticking to your 1200 cal. and you have been working out, then I say 1 or 2slices of thin crust. Meat is protein so that will help. You have to reward yousrself sometimes, just make sure the exception doen't become the rule

Basil
  • telam1186
    Options
    A medium thin crispy crust pizza from Pizza Hut (1 slice) = 190 calories - Cut it in half and trick your mind into thinking your having 2 slices.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Since thanksgiving until monday I was on a binge everything, i couldnt stop. Now I havent been hungry for anything all week. And my weight hasnt moved. oh and i've eaten pizza, 1440+cal and was STILL hungry. Ice cream here i come.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Eat a Totino's Pizza. You can find them in the frozen pizza section at the store. One ENTIRE cheese pizza is 660 calories. You can exercise about half of that off with a decent run.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    You're a guy on a 1,200 calorie diet? Do you have to go so low? It'd be a lot easier to stick with a diet if it was one that you could fit in a slice or two of pizza.

^This. The problem ain't the pizza.

^This.

It's almost impossible to eat any of the foods you used to enjoy while sticking to a 1200 kcal diet. I was on it before and I was miserable...also if you're craving it, eat it but don't overdo it. You want to avoid the "Forbidden Fruit" scenario where you deny yourself, deny yourself and deny yourself...until a cookie becomes a box of cookies...

Indulge a little once in a while and you avoid turning food into the enemy. In the end, it's just a slice of pizza.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Get a flat bread and put in oven to get crispy on both sides. Pull out add pizza sauce with lots of veggies and low fat cheese. put back in oven until warm and melted... Tastes great

This is how I get my pizza fix, but I do use pepperoni, olives and mushrooms. I also just get a small can of plain tomato sauce and season it myself, because I'm really picky. The flatout flat breads are 100 calories and awesome. I weigh it all and calculate from there.

I'll still occassionally eat "regular" pizza, just not nearly as much as I used to.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Better yet, Newman's Own makes an AMAZING thin crust pizza with feta and spinach (makes other ones too). AND you can eat half the pizza for almost the same amount of calories as a regular slice of pizza. It's delicious and not too bad on your calorie budget.
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Oh honey... just eat some pizza. TRUST me, it will be okay. Hakunah Ma Ta Ta.
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I would just eat a slice of pizza, and be very happy to have the willpower to just really enjoy that one.

But nowadays I often enjoy my substitute just as much...I saute onions, leeks, garlic plum tomatoes and fresh basil added at the end...then scoop it in to a portobello cap...bake with a tiny bit of fresh parmesan on top...and totally kicks my pizza craving!
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    OMG I have been really craving pizza also. I usually eat one but then I eat two and on one occasion I had three. I had lots of calories left so it wasn't a problem. Atleast it wasn't chinese food. Plus pizza isn't that bad and that is the only fast food I eat. If I have a craving for Pizza I will have it. Its not alot of calories unless it is loaded with a bunch of topings.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Buy a pizza, only allow yourself one slice a day. You now have 8 meals! Congratz!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. Pizza in the mornin', pizza in the evenin', pizza at suppertime.

When pizza's on a bagel... You can eat pizza, any time.
  • BeckyD1105
    BeckyD1105 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If you want pizza, have pizza. You can have a slice or two and maybe a salad to round out the meal. One thing I've learned is if I really want something, I just have what I want and watch the portion. I don't try to find a substitute because they don't always satisfy the craving. So then I end up eatin ghte substitution and what I really want.

Try to make this a lifestyle....if you aren't willing to do what you are doing for the rest of your life, why are you doing it? Are you never going to have another slice of pizza in your life?
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I never know when to stop ... so that I can eat a little more, I make a cauliflower crust (I know ... sounds yuck but it's super good) and put tons of veggies on it. Not pepperoni and sausage but kills the craving for me and my family likes it!

I LOVE the cauliflower crust pizza. I heard about it on a thread here and made it the next day. I cut the recipe in half and made a personal pan pizza and put sausage on it. It was five carbs for the crust. I ate it five days in a row. Experimented with toppings and low sodium cheese and low sugar/salt pizza sauce. Totally satisfied my pizza craving. NOT! I think I will have one for lunch.

http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/2012/09/healthy-pizza-with-a-cauliflower-crust/
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Go to papa murphy's. Get the DeLite crust. Load it with toppings. Get plenty of veggies and try to stick to one meat topping. It's about 150-175 calories a slice for my fave flavors
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to go over & enjoy yourself now & then. If you get hit by a bus, you would regret not enjoying your favorite foods in moderation from time to time.